How can I emmigrate to Canada?

acd

Jan 11, 2009
fantasy world
MBTI
infp
Enneagram
9w8 sp/sx
The US is redic. Donald Trump could end up becoming the next POTUS. Plz help.

Edit: really not kidding.

Reactions: endersgone
How difficult could it be to emmigrate there? I'm googling this, of course, but still. Any advice. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm seriously considering uprooting my family and leaving. This is bananas.

I think you ought to spend a few months up there before deciding.

Certain things don't seem too bad at the start, but soon start to grate. In the Eastern parts I have spent time in, there was an unrelenting snootiness towards English-speakers from the French speakers. Plus EVERYTHING is sooooooo ridiculously over-regulated that it was almost enough to drive one completely crazy.

I'd consider moving to a different continent.

How difficult could it be to emmigrate there? I'm googling this, of course, but still. Any advice. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm seriously considering uprooting my family and leaving. This is bananas.

I do recommend going to the English speaking parts. :p

Personally I'd look for something in say British Columbia or Alberta, on a nice high hill near a body of water.
Though the type of industry I'm in would send me towards Vancouver or Toronto.

[MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION] is overgeneralising. We are not over regulated and there's some snootiness everywhere, no more here than anywhere else, including among French speakers.

I think you would fit right in. However, I could not give you any more advice than you could find out for yourself online.

I seriously hope though that Donald Trump doesn't become the President because the whole world is in trouble then, and I doubt that you would be safe from his negative influence even in Canada. If that happens, the US will definitely be Canada's looney cousin who lives in the attic. God help us all!

Just go to the (relatively) safest part of the US: Alaska!

You could become an Alaskan Bush Person and live on the fringes of society!

alaskan-bush-people-960.jpg

Sweet, sweet freedom!

Cross the border illegally, and keep poutine on hand just in case.

Reactions: hush
@Flavus Aquila is overgeneralising. We are not over regulated and there's some snootiness everywhere, no more here than anywhere else, including among French speakers.

I think you would fit right in. However, I could not give you any more advice than you could find out for yourself online.

I seriously hope though that Donald Trump doesn't become the President because the whole world is in trouble then, and I doubt that you would be safe from his negative influence even in Canada. If that happens, the US will definitely be Canada's looney cousin who lives in the attic. God help us all!
Haven't worked in other countries eh?

My parents came to Canada from the US. They bought a goat farm in the middle of nowhere and just moved here, I think.

The Canadian economy totally sucks right now, btw.

If that happens, the US will definitely be Canada's looney cousin who lives in the attic. God help us all!
I doubt trump would be any big change to the US government policies the way it is now. You say definately, but that indicates you think it already is :p But yea, it would just be a reaffirmation of what everyone already knows. That US Gov is everyones psycho classmate already, the one that gleefully bullies others for personal gain. That's not gonna change in any years to come though, it would require a revolution.

The Canadian economy totally sucks right now, btw.
The Canadians might have a lower GDP rn than the US, but it only differs by a few points.
Canadas debt is also way lower than that of the US.
The economical difference would not be that much different for him, though owning a motorbike in french quebec is expensive as hell, but thats just limited to those guys.

There is this website called FutureTimeline.net , it's a timeline based on announcements made and stuff, It shows a rather favorable climate for canada in the far future.
I dunno about you but if you got kids, isn't it best to move to a place where you think they are the safest growing up and have the brightest future ?
In my opinion, Canada is an excellent choice for this. America is also far more likely to be involved with wars and more likely to be targeted by others than Canada is.

Last edited:
I would write to, or visit, the Canadian embassy. They should be able to tell you the details. Good luck! Canada is a beautiful country.

Quit running away from your problems.

Reactions: acd
Haven't worked in other countries eh?

No I have not, but that doesn't mean that I have to think that it is over regulated here. People's position on that is very subjective and more about ideology. There are lots of things that could be improved in this country, but over regulation is not a big issue. In fact, many times it has been what has saved us from the negative outcomes faced by countries with less regulations. Our government refused to deregulate the banks in the 90s and saved us from the catastrophe that was faced by many other countries, caused mostly by their deregulated banking industries.

I doubt trump would be any big change to the US government policies the way it is now. You say definately, but that indicates you think it already is :p But yea, it would just be a reaffirmation of what everyone already knows. That US Gov is everyones psycho classmate already, the one that gleefully bullies others for personal gain. That's not gonna change in any years to come though, it would require a revolution.

The Canadians might have a lower GDP rn than the US, but it only differs by a few points.
Canadas debt is also way lower than that of the US.
The economical difference would not be that much different for him, though owning a motorbike in french quebec is expensive as hell, but thats just limited to those guys.

There is this website called FutureTimeline.net , it's a timeline based on announcements made and stuff, It shows a rather favorable climate for canada in the far future.
I dunno about you but if you got kids, isn't it best to move to a place where you think they are the safest growing up and have the brightest future ?
In my opinion, Canada is an excellent choice for this. America is also far more likely to be involved with wars and more likely to be targeted by others than Canada is.

It's not any US Government policy changes that is going to be the biggest problem if Trump were to become the President. It is the tone of world politics and international relations that are going to go down the tank. Not that they're great now, but imagine with him as the supposed 'leader of the free world'. I'm nauseous just thinking about it.

Does anyone know if there's a Nostradamus prediction about a clown with bad hair becoming leader and ending up destroying the world?

I think it'd be hilarious if Trump did win the election but turned out the be the greatest president of all-time.

I think I had a stroke typing that.

Cross the border illegally, and keep poutine on hand just in case.

eh, finally some solid advice.

Just remember if anyone catches you, apologize profusely, and bribe them with the poutine.

Reactions: hush
No I have not, but that doesn't mean that I have to think that it is over regulated here. People's position on that is very subjective and more about ideology. There are lots of things that could be improved in this country, but over regulation is not a big issue. In fact, many times it has been what has saved us from the negative outcomes faced by countries with less regulations. Our government refused to deregulate the banks in the 90s and saved us from the catastrophe that was faced by many other countries, caused mostly by their deregulated banking industries.
I doubt that any of us here are going to be opening a bank anytime soon in Canada.

You probably don't realise it, but in most other countries it is far simpler to do the most common everyday civilian tasks, from renewing a driver's license, to getting insurance, to choosing where to have medical scans/hospital visits, etc. Life in Canada is life standing in a queue, waiting for your number to be called, before going to the next queue. When I moved there for a few months, it took me almost 1 1/2 months for my driver's license to be issued: they required that I cancel my Australian License first, get a receipt, then when that was submitted, I had to get a driving record, not more than 4 weeks old and submit that. Finally, it took three visits to different offices to have the license issued. It just isn't like this in other countries - even in the most mundane, menial activities, like paying tax.

I was blown away by the ridiculous healthcare system. Private healthcare is virtually non-existent because of regulation, which -again- means that you end up in ridiculously long wait-times for virtually anything and everything.

I doubt that any of us here are going to be opening a bank anytime soon in Canada.

You probably don't realise it, but in most other countries it is far simpler to do the most common everyday civilian tasks, from renewing a driver's license, to getting insurance, to choosing where to have medical scans/hospital visits, etc. Life in Canada is life standing in a queue, waiting for your number to be called, before going to the next queue. When I moved there for a few months, it took me almost 1 1/2 months for my driver's license to be issued: they required that I cancel my Australian License first, get a receipt, then when that was submitted, I had to get a driving record, not more than 4 weeks old and submit that. Finally, it took three visits to different offices to have the license issued. It just isn't like this in other countries - even in the most mundane, menial activities, like paying tax.

I was blown away by the ridiculous healthcare system. Private healthcare is virtually non-existent because of regulation, which -again- means that you end up in ridiculously long wait-times for virtually anything and everything.

I don't spend much time standing in a queue personally. I call my broker and can get insurance immediately. When I renewed my drivers license I waited in line for about 10 minutes and I got it immediately. I recently had to change my address for my license and health card and I did it sitting at my computer and it was mailed to me. It took me maybe 5 minutes. I can walk into any hospital or health clinic of my choosing at any time. I may have to wait but that's because there are people who got there before me, and unless it's life or death I have no problem letting others be ahead of me if they were there first. Where do you get your information about 'ridiculously long wait-times for virtually anything and everything'? There are some areas that could use some improvement but there already has been lots of improvement in the last decade and our wait times for most services are reasonable.

I bet if I moved to Australia I may have to deal with a little more paperwork than you do because I am not a citizen. I don't think that's such a bad thing.

You have to apply for a long-term visa if you're serious. Takes about half a year to process - so you should start the paperwork about nowish :) BTW moving to Australia takes a lot more paperwork and about triple the waiting time, so it's funny to hear aussies complaining about Canada.

Regarding Trump - in the unlikely event that he does win, it will not be as bad as it was with Bush ;) The only thing worse than an idiot in the office is an idiot with the idea.