HIIT

bickelz

BOINK
Jan 1, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
4w5
High Intensity Interval Training is what this stands for. Has anyone had success with this in getting ripped or losing fat? Does it work as well as people say?

I'm starting to work it into my workout routine because I have plateaued. I have just been doing the elliptical for 30 minutes in the morning with 8 minute abs and pushups after. This worked for a while but now I have stopped losing fat. My plan is three times a week to do 25-30 minutes total that looks like this...

5 minutes warming up

30 second sprint
} Alternate sprints and jogs between 10 and 15 times
1 minute jog, slow jog

5 minute cool down

So I will pair this with 8 minute abs all five days of the week (which is working), steady state cardio two days a week. I want to do tabata pushups as well.

Does this seem like a decent workout?

From what I've heard, interval training like this is supposed to push the body more, so I'd imagine that it would help a some bit.
You may have to lengthen time as well in order to continue to lose weight -- when you get into a routine of activity, your body adjusts to that routine, and once it's found the right weight and energy level, there's no need for further weight loss. Usually that means you have to increase time or intensity and maybe adjust diet as well.
Interval training should increase intensity, but if that doesn't work, you can always tweak the rest of your routine in addition to the intervals.

Do Zumba instead.

It's good and it works. Look up tabata intervals

Yeah, I'm going to do them for push-ups. So my resting HR is around 60-65 bpm normally but after doing HIIT for 25 minutes it's much higher throughout the day. Right now, 6 hours after, my resting hr was at about 80 bpm. It was the same throughout my classes and I have just been laying on my bed for like 20 minutes.

Supposedly, this elevated HR is from the Oxygen deficit that I have created which is supposed to help burn more fat throughout the day.

Do tabata burpees!!!

Don't forget the pushup and the jump.

:m169: