Hiding one's own self to an extent | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Hiding one's own self to an extent

I pray for help, but there have been times when whatever it is within us cannot be contained any longer.
I'm praying.

I very often feel like a messenger, which enables me to speak or yell openly. If they listen, they will not see the brunt of the storm. They may think, it didn't do exactly what he said it would do. Cleanup may take a long time, but they dodged a bullet by listening. I don't feel like a fool. The storm calmed me down. Someone did not do exactly as was told, which I found out tete-a-tete. They will be paying for that. As for me, it was never in my hands. It will never be in my hands.

Whom shall we send, and who will go for us?
Send me, Oh Lord. I will go(we).

Last edited:
I have an issue with the idea of "hiding oneself" because it carries a connotation that most or all people are inauthentic, regardless of type, and complete openness and transparency of individuals is preferable. Life is a game. It doesn't mean it's not serious or meaningful. Games played in this world can be extremely dangerous or fun; but they are games none the less. I think people do what they do in life and are who they are, not necessarily because they want to be but because they have to be. And if it requires tailoring one's own style of expression to not draw unwanted/unneeded attention to oneself, to fit the cultural furniture, to carry-on, then fine. I don't see this as dishonest or inauthentic(and especially not in a harmful way), but I see it as necessary for reaching means and ends within established boundaries.

Regardless of being INFJ it has a lot to do with the persona that jung describes. I recently have had issues with this in a profession that just like's to fap itself silly with pretentiousness. It has ever so progressively gotten more and more ridiculous and I thought I could avoid it but I've been forced to do things I didn't want to do, because I don't personally agree with them (their not bad things, just really really dumb) but due to conformance I had to (develop the persona of the career). Anyway, I refuse to do it, so I do things against my personal opinions and when I do it I come across as an asshole because I refuse to be inauthentic and pretend that I like what I'm doing. Basically, I'm not picking up the persona of that profession and I'm trying to sidestep it everywhere I can to retain "me". Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can do it without looking like I'm giving everyone else contempt when I'm really not, I'm just trying to be an individual in a conforming world. So I believe jung essentially said something along the lines of "build up the persona and $$ will flow" - I'm not joking he literally said it likely correlates with money, and if you a useless sap that doesn't develop a persona you are like a child that goes from one thing to the next. Unfortunately I do sit in the later camp a bit, but at least it's not peter pan syndrome.

Watching Batman as a kid, and Superman, has had lingering thought patterns.

How many here have done things to help people and kept out of the limelight purposefully? How many have used their gifts and kept their gift to themselves?

How many have allowed people to use and take advantage of them, knowing they are, and kept quiet and mild? How many of those like this have ever been a walking time bomb? If so, do you have a limit? Can you react in a way nobody else would know it was you?

How many know things they do not share? Are we still an introvert wearing a mask? How many are like the Hulk? We keep our secrets, and may react in a way our secrets will not be revealed. When we are taken advantage of, we may act a little quietly. Should we reveal ourselves? I personally think not. I think we should keep a cap on the volcano until it erupts, because we can mostly contain it.

Yet, as happens every now and then, we can become as tornadoes or hurricanes. We may not realize the intensity within ourselves. Maybe someone is trying to get us to explode? I think that would be something should be given a lot of thought.

I pray for help, but there have been times when whatever it is within us cannot be contained any longer.
I'm praying.
Yes, to all of the above. Not so much anymore on some parts. The knowing Im being taken advantage of and not saying anything for example. Healthy boundaries, makes life a lot better.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Elder