Help sorting out type? (INFJ vs INFP) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Help sorting out type? (INFJ vs INFP)

4. THIS. People have looked at me in disbelief when I tell them: "YOU'RE AN INTROVERT?! I can't believe you!" I actually do fairly well in social situations but then when I do get tired, I get tired and need to retreat. But I have mad chameleon skills, as you say, and are able to adapt most places to a T.

INFJ Confirmed

Reactions: Ren, acd and anagum
I used to think I was INFJ. It came down to Fe vs Fi for me.

I feel I relate to all of the infj description with the exception of Fe. I'm just not the warm and fuzzy type, despite feeling very passionate about people and ideals, I often keep it all under the surface. I'm very private with my emotions. I'd rather work things out for myself.

I can handle group disharmony and conflict (so long as it's not violent or abusive) it doesn't really bother me. I may see it as necessary in some instances to actually work things out and achieve greater harmony. I put much more stock into my own internal code than what the group agrees on.

Fi tends to get a bad wrap but I think that is because people don't understand it. It's inwardly focused. Fi is OK with going against the grain if their code dictates it. I'm INFP and empathic. I don't favor Fe yet still manage to absorb the emotions of others as well as have the ability to discern what is felt in someone without it being said.

I'm not an expert, but I think that we are not limited to using just four functions, however. I think we can use and develop them all.. it's just a matter of preference. So maybe narrow it down to what seems more comfortable or natural for you?
Actually, I don't think Fi has or should have a bad rep. In some ways Fi is more "stolid" than Fe. I can adapt to situations sometimes where I'm not sure I'm being completely genuine towards myself for doing so. My INFP friends don't do that nearly as much as I admire them for that.

Reactions: acd
@Wyote you should always warn when you're linking a clown gif :fearscream: some people have coulrophobia!

Reactions: acd and Wyote
Reactions: Ren and acd
"Posited" is a great word.

Ahhh, yes it is. And to add to that tangent, I am also enamored with "curmudgeon", the creative license in "ridiculosity", "serendipity", . . . UGH! There are more at the tip of my brain that escape me at the moment. And now back to the regularly scheduled conversation . . .

Reactions: Ginny
Yes, I know :laughing:. It just kind of came to me as I thought about an appropriate verb to go with the noun.
Doncha just love to have a smorgasbord of words at your disposal, ready to whip out of your hip holster? It can make for uncovering one's nerdiness in the general population, however.

Reactions: Ginny