Help notmeganfox find a job

Feelings

Banned
Sep 27, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Hello friends. It has come time for me to spread my wings and take to the sky, or get off my lazy ass and do something, however you want to put it!

I'm an on-line job application star, because I'm not so into walk-ins and call-ins. Every week or 2 I'll go through my entire internet bookmarks list of websites where I may find job openings. In addition to a couple major job banks, I also have the websites of all government-related jobs available (i.e. municipal, provincial, federal, crown corporations, governmental agencies, schools, hospitals, community centres). I have all the major financial institutions bookmarked, some customs brokers, and 1 chain of car dealerships.

My question is: Any ideas for anywhere else I could look to find suitable employment?
I am looking for part-time, non-customer facing work that is not physical and pays $15+/hr.

I have a business degree and I'm currently on level 2 of the chartered financial analyst program. I worked in a bank for 2 years and worked as an accounting assistant for 1 year. I got some volunteer experience working with kids and at a crisis center.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea.

I hope this helped.

try walk-ins and call-ins?

like, i know, who am i to say anything because i hate that stuff. but, it gets better the more you try. people really seem to prefer employing people that way. i've never gotten a job doing an online application.

the only real piece of advice i have is this - try finding a job through someone that you know. and i guess, lower your standards for now? maybe get whatever job for right now, and then as time goes by maybe a job within your work field will pop up.

Try legitimate job agencies. They will call you back and try to find something for you, in my experience. If they are legit they are free.