Healthcare Information Resources?

Azure_Knight

Community Member
Apr 20, 2009
MBTI
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I was curious if anyone needed information on any uninsured/inadequate coverage insurance resources out there that could help pay for expenses.

If you do need help, make sure to list your country. I'll try to see what I can come up with.

Azure

I have been insured by Medicaid/Medicare for goingg on 20 years now and receive excellent care. I have a private doctor who's excellent and the hospital where he and everyone else in his practice have privileges is excellent as well. The Preferred Drug List required by Medicare requires some juggling every year as the plans change and I'm on a lot of expensive meds.

My main difficulty is that neither Medicaid nor Medicare cover dental work and I'm at a place where I need major work done. I've tried to get it done through an organization called Dentistry for the Handicapped, but the waiting list just to apply is a year long and I can't wait that long without health risk. I'm currently having some work done at the local dental school, but they discount their work by only 30-40% and so I still may not be able to afford to have it done there.

Oh, and I live in the good ol' US of A.

Also, my brother, also living here, has no insurance and had a heart attack Thursday night. They put in a pacemaker and sent him home the next day.