Great Piano Music | INFJ Forum

Great Piano Music

S

Shai Gar

What'd be your favourites?

I like Moonlight Sonata best for the haunting melodies, and Piano Concerto for the Left Hand (Ravel) for it's beauty

I like Moonlight Sonata a lot too. I played it for my piano recital 2 years back.

Personally, I'm a HUGE Tchaikovsky fan. So, whatever he wrote, I like. hehe

Awesome! Me too. he wrote the best music. The nut cracker is eerily beautiful .

This one guy in my school's band composed this awsome song (not on paper though).
He's in my music theory class. But his music rocks on the piano.
He's played the piano for 12 years.

I love Moonlight by Beethoven and some of Chopins work.

Kay I'm not quite done. From the romantic period Beethoven - Für Elise

So it's supposed to be full orchestra but Rimsky-Korsakov by Rachmaninov - Flight of the Bumble Bee

Ooh and anyone into classical piano may be interested in Elizaveta. Saw her a bunch of times at the Adelaide Fringe Festival as she was performing at a venue that I was volunteering at and OMG every time I watched her perform I melted. She uses classical masterpieces and adds a modern feel and lyrics. Does a nice version of Für Elise :bounce:

I'm not going to list particular pieces, sorry :p I'm just not up for scrounging up those names lol

But I like Rachmaninov a lot. He is so heavy and entangled with emotions. I really like the Russian composers from the Romantic period (and the written Literature from this period too ; ). I also like Chopin, Medtner, and Liszt a lot.

i :mlove: chopin.

nocturne in e flat major, op. 9, no. 2.
prelude in e minor, op. 28, no. 4.

there's something so intrinsically lonely, and sad and beautiful about these songs.

also, if any of you have watched any hayao miyazaki films (spirited away, howl's moving castle), joe hisaishi is brilliant - he's the guy who composes most of the music (amazing piano pieces) for miyazaki films.

I liked Spirited away better than Howls, mostly because of the luck dragon.

i'm constantly torn between them both!
but i have a soft spot in my heart for howl <3

I'm a fan of Nausicaä, personally.

Great to hear that many people here like Chopin. I love that stuff as well. If I had to pick one piece maybe I´d pick nocturne in G minor, op. 37,1.

And Mononoke Hime from the Miyazaki films.

I love Vivaldi's Four Seasons for solo piano. I believe it was Bach who first transcribed them. Also love Bach and Handel.

This is what good piano music is all about. Martin Lueng and William Joseph.

[youtube]Xn2zLTQ0yaI[/youtube]

[youtube]4n39ZV9FLOE[/youtube]

Ooh love it TLM!