FREESTYLE!! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

FREESTYLE!!

have y'all ever freestyled ? It is sooo fun and freeing. You have to let go of judgement of yourself and others and just listen to the beat and let come out whatever comes out. I like to do it to lofi beats but whatever beats you like, use it! You don't have to do a video you can use the spiffy voicaroo program or whatever…

As someone who grew up in the projects and sat around many freestyle cyphers, this made me smile. Do you have any idea how hard it is to freestyle off the top of the head like that? I can’t do it and I lived in the culture throughout the 90’s. Slant you could literally walk into a crowd of dudes in the Bronx and start freestylin’ like that and you’d get invited to the picnic for sure.
MC Slant is down by law, son. Word. Aiiiight.

I wanted to share with you the radio show we listened to growing up. These two dudes held a hip hip show on a college radio station because mainstream wouldn't play true underground hip-hop and only MC Hammer and Young MC type stuff. Stretch and Bobbito are legends and what they became famous for was having artists that would eventually become huge in the industry. You couldn't go on their show and not be asked to freestyle.

The reason i'm sharing this with you, Slant, not because I think you turned into a hip-hop head but because if you You Tube "Stretch and Bobbito Freestyle" vids, you will come across many different freestyle "flows" from some of the best artists to ever do it, and that could inspire you to try different techniques.
Damn, thank you for taking me back to a time that wasn't perfect but still fun time in my life. I never thought I'd be sharing Stretch and Bobbito stuff in this forum. On a personal note, I dislike the hip-hop of today and the mumble rappers make it so cringy.
So I hope you enjoy this era of rhyming when the shit was genuine and it inspires you.

Reactions: slant
As someone who grew up in the projects and sat around many freestyle cyphers, this made me smile. Do you have any idea how hard it is to freestyle off the top of the head like that? I can’t do it and I lived in the culture throughout the 90’s. Slant you could literally walk into a crowd of dudes in the Bronx and start freestylin’ like that and you’d get invited to the picnic for sure.
MC Slant is down by law, son. Word. Aiiiight.
I wanted to share with you the radio show we listened to growing up. These two dudes held a hip hip show on a college radio station because mainstream wouldn't play true underground hip-hop and only MC Hammer and Young MC type stuff. Stretch and Bobbito are legends and what they became famous for was having artists that would eventually become huge in the industry. You couldn't go on their show and not be asked to freestyle.

The reason i'm sharing this with you, Slant, not because I think you turned into a hip-hop head but because if you You Tube "Stretch and Bobbito Freestyle" vids, you will come across many different freestyle "flows" from some of the best artists to ever do it, and that could inspire you to try different techniques.
Damn, thank you for taking me back to a time that wasn't perfect but still fun time in my life. I never thought I'd be sharing Stretch and Bobbito stuff in this forum. On a personal note, I dislike the hip-hop of today and the mumble rappers make it so cringy.
So I hope you enjoy this era of rhyming when the shit was genuine and it inspires you.
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate that. You know I honestly forgot that I ever freestyled is that weird? There's so many things I used to do that I just forget. It was weird watching myself and really surprised by your compliment, so thanks.

I remember my introduction to freestyle was at work in the game room- a couple coworkers would battle each other and I was never brave enough to join in. I think it's easiest when you have something in your head you just have to let out.

Reactions: InfernoMink
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate that. You know I honestly forgot that I ever freestyled is that weird? There's so many things I used to do that I just forget. It was weird watching myself and really surprised by your compliment, so thanks.

I remember my introduction to freestyle was at work in the game room- a couple coworkers would battle each other and I was never brave enough to join in. I think it's easiest when you have something in your head you just have to let out.
I’m glad you posted your vids when you did. This thread really made my day. Thank you.

Reactions: slant