Forum crash guessing game. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Forum crash guessing game.

I accidentally the forum, sorry >.<

Reactions: slant
Is this the first time you have seen corruption in a MySQL DB?

I blame sun for taking over MySQL, I know, your installed version probably predates sun taking over, but it is still funny to joke about!

The server has ADD, OCD, MnM, DnD, CBS, MI5, CIA, RIA, DIY, FYC and XXX! Give it meds, give it pills, shake it, break it, electrocute it!

Every memory is machine, and machines sometimes fail. *shrug*

Aaand, there ya go. Which makes no sense to non-techie types. :m194:

Its not really that hard to understand.

The database holds all our posts, pms, other relevant information and depending on the board, various other things.

The DB is what the forum software makes calls to get information and to add stuff or remove stuff from the board. it is also called, so the forum can display information to the user.

When a part or the whole is corrupted it needs to be repaired to work correctly. And the forum must use the database so that is why the forum wasn't up.

I hope that made some sense.

Is this the first time you have seen corruption in a MySQL DB?

I blame sun for taking over MySQL, I know, your installed version probably predates sun taking over, but it is still funny to joke about!

MysQL just sucks lets be honest.lol

MySQL, especially in a shared hosting environment, tends to flip out ninja-style. One can only prepare and hope for the best.

backups for the win

INFJs is on a Linode VPS. But still I've seen some sites get hit with some bad corruption we where lucky it was a table not the whole damn DB. Web Hosting Talk had some bad problems with their DB and it was a big one too. not fun not at all.

yea but lookly i do nightly backups of the database, didn't need it in this case
The nerd within rejoices much!!

but lets face it, we're in Merc Retrograde, I blame the stars! Don't worry people, your lives will be back to normal in 3-5 days.

Its not really that hard to understand.

The database holds all our posts, pms, other relevant information and depending on the board, various other things.

The DB is what the forum software makes calls to get information and to add stuff or remove stuff from the board. it is also called, so the forum can display information to the user.

When a part or the whole is corrupted it needs to be repaired to work correctly. And the forum must use the database so that is why the forum wasn't up.

I hope that made some sense.

MysQL just sucks lets be honest.lol
Does that mean they can read everything

:m200:

Why does the forum crash so much anyone? Can we blame it on the mass collection of INFJs all in one place which causes a total site-wide melt down?