Find Wall-E -AND- Name All the Robots! | INFJ Forum

Find Wall-E -AND- Name All the Robots!

I was rolling through the image, getting entertained by the number of robots from various movies thinking... wow, whoever did this put a lot of thought into this and has gone to a great deal of trouble to get so many robots from various sources... and then I saw the Mark 13 from Hardware... and my jaw dropped. Talk about an obscure reference. Wow. Kudos to whoever did this.

I don't think the tin man counts as a robot

Also I'm upset at the lack of magazords though I do like Alpha.

I don't think the tin man counts as a robot

Nor do Daleks or a few others in here... such as the T-800 which is surrounded by living tissue... but the point is that the image is a wonderfully genius concept. We can knit pick the robots that got in, and the ones that didn't, but at the end of the day, it won't change the image - or the fact that we're looking it over in great detail, hehe. I like it. Nuff said.

I'm mind-blown by that picture. I can't get over how many of the robots I recognised from major movies, Dr Who, Star Trek, cartoons, logos etc.

Wall-E is between the 'Bad Robot' films robot and Dr Who's K-9.

Nor do Daleks or a few others in here... such as the T-800 which is surrounded by living tissue... but the point is that the image is a wonderfully genius concept. We can knit pick the robots that got in, and the ones that didn't, but at the end of the day, it won't change the image - or the fact that we're looking it over in great detail, hehe. I like it. Nuff said.

yeah your right

I think Robocop is missing. My favorites are the two little ones at the bottom left corner, the green one and the blue one.

found Wall-E

I kept smiling at the obscure ones too, @VH. The Black Hole movie robots, Kryten and the service droids from Red Dwarf, that crazy Muppet robot with the bowtie and beanie, the old time Daggit from the original BSG, both Marvin paranoid androids (movie and TV show)...shoot. This guy didn't miss a trick.

I think Robocop is missing. My favorites are the two little ones at the bottom left corner, the green one and the blue one.

ED-209 is in the top right. I think Robocop was omitted because he is a clear Cyborg...

As for the Tin-man... what would you classify him as? A magical robot? Golem? I never really thought about it.

This guy didn't miss a trick.

I dunno, while I am fully marveling at this masterpiece of geekery obscurity... there are some glaring exceptions that could have taken the place of some of the duplicates. Some of the movies/shows have several representatives, while there are notable robots who didn't make the cut... even considering what appears to be the 10 foot tall cap.

Data.
Inspector Gadget.
Astroboy.
Yul Brenner from Westworld.

The robot from Heavy Metal (the one that hooked up with the secretary... okay maybe this one is obscure)

Found either Wall-E or Short Circuit. Why are we so unimaginative when designing fictional robots?

Found either Wall-E or Short Circuit.

You found Wall-E. Short Circuit is another notably missing robot.

Why are we so unimaginative when designing fictional robots?

By "we" I'm assuming you mean western society. The Japanese have the market cornered on imaginative robot design... I mean... a robot battleship that transforms into a kitten when not in use? Hard to beat that.

...which reminds me. CHOBITS is not in this set. *sad anime face*

I dunno, while I am fully marveling at this masterpiece of geekery obscurity... there are some glaring exceptions that could have taken the place of some of the duplicates. Some of the movies/shows have several representatives, while there are notable robots who didn't make the cut... even considering what appears to be the 10 foot tall cap.

Data.
Inspector Gadget.
Astroboy.
Yul Brenner from Westworld.

The robot from Heavy Metal (the one that hooked up with the secretary... okay maybe this one is obscure)

Hmm...that's true. Maybe he only used his own faves. The robots from "Heartbeeps" aren't there either, I don't think, and they're probably the most obscure of the obscure.

As for the Tin-man... what would you classify him as? A magical robot? Golem? I never really thought about it.

I wouldn't classify Tin-man as a robot. I'm not good with Ti, but I'd approach it functionally or genre-wise. The usual sci-fi robot (Data, Terminator) usually illustrates the contradiction between humanity and technology. Tin-man is more about finding what you lack, your path - ultimately about spirituality.

I wouldn't classify Tin-man as a robot. I'm not good with Ti, but I'd approach it functionally or genre-wise. The usual sci-fi robot (Data, Terminator) usually illustrates the contradiction between humanity and technology. Tin-man is more about finding what you lack, your path - ultimately about spirituality.

Wow. Now that's an insight into Te right there.