Final US presidential debate - thoughts? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Final US presidential debate - thoughts?

First: you need to make up your mind. Thumbs up or Thumbs down.

Second: Your are right.... But right now, whether you like it our not, this fight is between Romney and Obama.

Only because of people with your attitude.

Only because of people with your attitude.

Not many Americans even know who Jill Stein is besides you, me and the people that are really into politics. So, yes, it would be a wasted vote at this point and time. Next election, let's hope it will be different. But I'm a realist. I wish more people were informed and by Dr. Stein suing the Commission, hopefully this will come to fruition.

This sham can't even be called a debate if only 2 of the candidates are in it.

A two-party system does have its problems, but in Canada we have a multi-party system and the radical right wingers and the moderate right wingers merged their parties some time ago. In the last election the left-leaning parties split the vote, so we ended up with a right wing leader who doesn't represent the interests of the majority in any way.

Yeah, okay, Obama doesn't represent you-- but it could be worse.

A two-party system does have its problems, but in Canada we have a multi-party system and the radical right wingers and the moderate right wingers merged their parties some time ago. In the last election the left-leaning parties split the vote, so we ended up with a right wing leader who doesn't represent the interests of the majority in any way.

Yeah, okay, Obama doesn't represent you-- but it could be worse.

Which shows the fewer parties, the less the representation...

Not many Americans even know who Jill Stein is besides you, me and the people that are really into politics. So, yes, it would be a wasted vote at this point and time. Next election, let's hope it will be different. But I'm a realist. I wish more people were informed and by Dr. Stein suing the Commission, hopefully this will come to fruition.

Actually, thanks to the Electoral College, your vote is already wasted. Certain states will always vote Red or Blue unless they're a "swing state". So unless you actually live in one of those swing states the best way to get other parties involved is to vote for them and let the die-hard Republican/Democrats do their thing. Right now, in my state, it doesn't matter if I vote for Obama, he'll still lose this state... that would be a wasted vote! If I lived in a place like New York, just adding my vote to the already imbalanced Obama scale would also be a waste; he's not going to lose a state like that with the 1% of votes the other parties would "steal".

Eventually, when these 3rd party candidates start claiming double-digit voting numbers, they might stand a more viable chance in the future. Voting for them now, when you know everyone in your state will vote for that other guy, is the only way to really make a difference. In fact, voting in that way gives you more of a say and influence over our political system than just voting straight Democrat or Republican.

Actually, thanks to the Electoral College, your vote is already wasted. Certain states will always vote Red or Blue unless they're a "swing state". So unless you actually live in one of those swing states the best way to get other parties involved is to vote for them and let the die-hard Republican/Democrats do their thing. Right now, in my state, it doesn't matter if I vote for Obama, he'll still lose this state... that would be a wasted vote! If I lived in a place like New York, just adding my vote to the already imbalanced Obama scale would also be a waste; he's not going to lose a state like that with the 1% of votes the other parties would "steal".

Eventually, when these 3rd party candidates start claiming double-digit voting numbers, they might stand a more viable chance in the future. Voting for them now, when you know everyone in your state will vote for that other guy, is the only way to really make a difference. In fact, voting in that way gives you more of a say and influence over our political system than just voting straight Democrat or Republican.

Thank you for that. I will definitely be taking this into consideration come Election Day. :)

I think Obama is more sincere. I'm not convinced Romney knows what sincere feels like. Might be a sociopath.

I think Romney would let business run.
Probably reassure the community he will not surprise them with new taxes, legislation. But corporations have been making money hand over first for years now and that hasn't transpired into jobs, for those that want jobs.

Romney will probably be better for me financially, if I'm short sighted and font see or consider the longterm prospective. Remember, without a middle class this all comes falling down.
So we should take measures to protect them. If we push the impending rate changes on the middle class we will surly wipe them away. Then you have to ask, if you're a business owner or make your money on businesses, who are my customers. And maybe without a middle class you don't have any.

Obama is sincere, but feeling like he has no plan. But he's made significant trade legislation and that could bring back manufacturing jobs. Especially in light of the US becoming the worlds largest oil producer. And natural gas w all the recent finds and fracking tech.

The debates. Useless. I think Romney learned to be respectful. I think Obama had nothing to say.

Romney just shouldn't ever win this election if we want to retain any ounce of what we were founded on. The Legislative and Judicial branches of government are already being overrun with the die-hard, ultra conservative Republican types. If we allow another to take the Executive branch then we've lost our government; they will be no more checks and balances, no one to stop anything or say anything about what takes place.

Democrats are already too far in bed with the Right to prevent a lot of this from already happening, but it we let a person like Romney and his partner, Ryan in office, we should start preparing our own evacuation plans for Canada!

And whaddaya know, I read another article posted on this after I posted this pre-edit:

http://news.yahoo.com/could-romney-overturn-roe-v-wade-191602158.html

If former Gov. Mitt Romney wins this year's presidential election, there is a realistic chance that Roe v. Wade — the Supreme Court decision that protected a woman's right to have an abortion — could be overturned under his administration, experts say.

With the justices sitting on the court now, it's very unlikely an abortion case would garner the five votes needed to reverse the ruling, said Harvard Law School assistant professor I. Glenn Cohen, co-director of the school's Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics. But Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a left-leaning judge who is 79, could retire during the next administration, allowing the president to nominate a more conservative-minded judge. Another justice could retire as well.

Last edited:
I too fear Romney's victory in office.

Listen to White Horse MP3 towards bottom: http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/47799 talks about Romney's pin he wore during the debate that had a White Horse on it, which (arguably but obviously) depicts the "The White Horse Prophecy"

Which is "a statement purported to have been made in 1843 by Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, regarding the future of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and the United States of America. The Latter Day Saints, according to the prophecy, would "go to the Rocky Mountains and ... be a great and mighty people", identified figuratively with the White Horse described in the Revelation of John. The prophecy further predicts that the United States Constitution will one day "hang like a thread" and will be saved "by the efforts of the White Horse"

The US as we know it cease to exist if this happens.

Romney just shouldn't ever win this election if we want to retain any ounce of what we were founded on. The Legislative and Judicial branches of government are already being overrun with the die-hard, ultra conservative Republican types. If we allow another to take the Executive branch then we've lost our government; they will be no more checks and balances, no one to stop anything or say anything about what takes place.

Democrats are already too far in bed with the Right to prevent a lot of this from already happening, but it we let a person like Romney and his partner, Ryan in office, we should start preparing our own evacuation plans for Canada!

And whaddaya know, I read another article posted on this after I posted this pre-edit:

http://news.yahoo.com/could-romney-overturn-roe-v-wade-191602158.html

Additionally, thank you for this.

I would be willing to bet that if Romney does get elected, then he will completely change his mind about absolutely everything he is saying and continue on the same course Obama has been on. The fact that he's changed his mind about everything means that he's just trying to get elected and keeping his true agenda a secret, mostly like every other president has always done... I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, and in some ways that could be a good thing. It's scary not knowing what someone is actually going to do, and the perception game can be pretty powerful, but ultimately, it's not an accurate representation of what someone will actually do when they're faced with the facts.

[MENTION=5090]Apone[/MENTION]

Think you hit it on the head a little.
Hard to trust him since he changes position do often. I think it's fine to change your mind. Means you're considering new ideas, perceptions. And ultimately refining your point of view. I actually respect that, to a limited degree. Meaning you can't change your mind everyday. Then ur just manic.
But I think his waffling cause people to think he's disingenuous. He would probably win the election easily if he weren't perceived as an opportunist.
They all are I think. You just have to hide it a little better. Jmo

If gary johnson gets 5% of the vote, the libertarian party will be officially sponsored by the US government, and the 2 party monopoly will be broken. Do it.

Until that happens, you can expect to continue seeing more wars and more inflation.

I too fear Romney's victory in office.

Listen to White Horse MP3 towards bottom: http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/47799 talks about Romney's pin he wore during the debate that had a White Horse on it, which (arguably but obviously) depicts the "The White Horse Prophecy"

Which is "a statement purported to have been made in 1843 by Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, regarding the future of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and the United States of America. The Latter Day Saints, according to the prophecy, would "go to the Rocky Mountains and ... be a great and mighty people", identified figuratively with the White Horse described in the Revelation of John. The prophecy further predicts that the United States Constitution will one day "hang like a thread" and will be saved "by the efforts of the White Horse"

The US as we know it cease to exist if this happens.

Interesting. So romney wants to be mr white horse? Assuming this prophecy was actually made by someone legit and you're not making things up, I mean, if the constitution is going to be "saved" then I don't see what the problem is.

Honestly, at this point, I just want the election to be over and done with. Let's just be done with it already. Whoever is chosen, we're going to have to deal with it anyway. That's life. Our election cycle is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Which shows the fewer parties, the less the representation...

And the greater the stability.

A divided left can't win against a united right, even if most of the people in the country are left-leaning… our last election showed that if you have two options on the left then it's possible for the right-leaning party to create a voter panic where people on the left will end up trying to vote against the right, but not know which left-leaning party is more likely to win.

And the greater the stability.

A divided left can't win against a united right, even if most of the people in the country are left-leaning… our last election showed that if you have two options on the left then it's possible for the right-leaning party to create a voter panic where people on the left will end up trying to vote against the right, but not know which left-leaning party is more likely to win.

Which sucks...

Next, the Left will merge, leaving you with only 2 options and then everyone will vote to simply vote against the other guy. Welcome to US politics. There are few people in the US who ever vote for a candidate they like; most vote against the one they don't. And people wonder why American politics are so backwards and the citizens are so bitter... it's what happens when your representatives are elected out of hatred and fear rather than appreciation.

A divided left can't win against a united right, even if most of the people in the country are left-leaning.

But most polling has shown the US population remains more right leaning than left. More conservative than liberal.
Here is just one.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/152021/conservatives-remain-largest-ideological-group.aspx

In my opinion the majority of us are more conservative when it comes to economics, and more liberal when it comes to social issues.
Trouble is both parties cater to the extremes of their ideology, instead of practicing moderacy.

I consider Bill Clinton a moderate politician. I think that is why he was so successful.

The lack of global warming discussion in any of the debates is very troubling. We're running out of time to stop the massive amounts of CO2 we're putting out. All of us should be taking almost every opportunity we can to go green: carpooling, energy saving, almost anything and everything. This has already cost billions of dollars, and we have yet another monster freak storm hitting the east coast. We've had record breaking temperatures for a long while. Where I live records have been broken starting in the late 90's with those records being broken now year after year. We hardly even get snow anymore. In my lifetime I've only seen this getting worse and worse. It is only going to get worse if we all don't start taking this as a personal responsibility. Even Kissinger is behind this and frankly pretty soon we're going to need a whole lot of realpolitik. /important rant

Last edited:
It was more controlled this time. The candidates had a better hold on their emotions.

Different script writers this time around, I reckon.