Favourite Zombie Movies | INFJ Forum

Favourite Zombie Movies

S

Shai Gar

What are yours?

I've just put in "Dance of the Dead" 02:29 minutes in and already it's awesome. This Graveyard Gardener rocks.

03:14 and it's brilliant.

My favourites are:
Dawn of the Dead
I Am Legend
Resident Evil 3
28 Days Later
28 Weeks later

Last edited by a moderator:
What are yours?

I've just put in "Dance of the Dead" 02:29 minutes in and already it's awesome. This Graveyard Gardener rocks.

03:14 and it's brilliant.

My favourites are:
Dawn of the Dead
I Am Legend
Resident Evil 3
28 Days Later
28 Weeks later

Go and pick all the good zombie movies then!

Actually I like all of these as well as the first two Resident Evil's and I liked Quarantine..

On a side note I also thought 30 Days of Night was an excellent vampire movie, minus the crappy ending.

Shaun of the Dead.

Cemetery Man for sentimental reasons. Versus because it kicks ass. Anything Evil Dead because Bruce Campbell rocks my socks. Dead Alive. Does the Re Animator count as a zombie flick? How do you not mention Night of the Living dead... it's like a classic. "They're coming to get you Barbara!"

I wants to make a zombie movie now! But the question still lingers.... Fast zombies or slow zombies... I'll have to decide that first.

watch shawn of the dead
its a hilarious mick take of dawn of the dead

Cemetary Man, because it just got weirder and weirder as the movie went on.. until it seemed like a dream.

Pretty much love anything by Romero... Day of the Dead being the creepiest.

My favourites are:
Dawn of the Dead
I Am Legend
Resident Evil 3
28 Days Later
28 Weeks later

Go and pick all the good zombie movies then!

Actually I like all of these as well as the first two Resident Evil's .

On a side note I also thought 30 Days of Night was an excellent vampire movie, minus the crappy ending.

Shaun of the Dead.

Anything Evil Dead because Bruce Campbell rocks my socks.

Ditto.

Also:
Land of the Dead
Day of the Dead (the original version by George Romero, not the awful remake by Steve Miner).
Planet Terror.

I wants to make a zombie movie now! But the question still lingers.... Fast zombies or slow zombies... I'll have to decide that first.

Just don't give them supernatural speed and the ability to crawl on ceilings/walls like Steve Miner did in his remake of Day of the Dead.

Cemetery Man for sentimental reasons. Versus because it kicks ass. Anything Evil Dead because Bruce Campbell rocks my socks. Dead Alive. Does the Re Animator count as a zombie flick? How do you not mention Night of the Living dead... it's like a classic. "They're coming to get you Barbara!"

You know, I didn't take the time to read this thread before blasting off my own reply.. Cemetary Man!! ::high five!::

I have often discussed the "fast zombies vs. slow zombies" thing many a late night at 24 hour diners over hundreds of cups of coffee with friends.. And it's always decided that faster zombies are more terrifying while slower zombies are more creepy-authentic. I can only suspend reality so much, and faster zombies always leave me feeling cheap and duped afterwards.

Now, moaning groaning rabidly animalistic zombies, or evolving zombies-- plotting and scheming militaristically for their own civilization (such as in Land of the Dead)???

Personally, I like my zombies slow and dumb as hell. But that's me.

Last edited:
I like my survivalist horrors to be hard as hell to survive.

Slow Zombies = Easy as fuck
Fast Zombies = Hard as hell.

There's Land of the Dead but that one kind of sucked.

Oh, and 30 days of night was terrible. I read the theatrical book before I watched the movie for some reason and imagined it way gorier than it actually was. When I attempted to watch it with my friend Wesley we had to turn it off when they put the heads on the stakes at the very beginning because I wasn't getting off :(

I like my survivalist horrors to be hard as hell to survive.

Slow Zombies = Easy as fuck
Fast Zombies = Hard as hell.

Thats why I liked 28 Days Later. Zombies aren't scary. They shuffle around and have terrible coordination. Rage zombies are an actual threat.

Last edited:
Thats why I liked 28 Days Later. Zombies aren't scary. They shuffle around and have terrible coordination. Rage zombies are an actual threat.
They're not really un-dead in that movie though. It's more like they're rabid. Good movie though.