Favorite theories and theorists | INFJ Forum

Favorite theories and theorists

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are your favorite theories and theorists . . .?

I'll start:Kenneth Burke's rhetoric, McGee's rhetoric of "the people," love, love, love Derrida the "trace" or "la differance", Foucault is aright, and Merleau-Ponty (phenomenology) was kinda interesting.

Just a note: I've only had the chance to few articles/chapters on these theorists. Some of them i'd like to read entirely such as Burke

Last edited:
I guess this is more of a quote, but it is also very much a theory:

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
—Frank Lloyd Wright

I love this simple quote and live by it.

I guess this is more of a quote, but it is also very much a theory:

I love this simple quote and live by it.

Do you have any favorite nature or ecological theorists?

I love Jung's theories of the heirarchy and organization of human personality. There is much more to Jung than the well known theory of the "Collective Unconscious". I particularly like his concept of the anima in the male, and the animus in the female. Another is Arthur Koestler, who relates his theories of consciousness, a very popular subject nowdays. Look for his book, "The Roots of Coincidence". In it he postulates the existence of a sub-atomic particle called the "psitron", that has no mass and is faster than the speed of light. He says it can penetrate our brains so that two people can have the same creative thought on opposite sides of the Earth simultaneously, such in how those who are seperated by great distances can come up with great discoveries at the same time, unbeknownst to each other. Great quantum theory stuff.