Favorite holiday movies? | INFJ Forum

Favorite holiday movies?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Hey, what are you favorite holiday movies and why are they classics? Post your top 3, 5, etc. list! Which ones do you watch a million times and never get tired of? (Post trailers or full video links if you can).

I watch You've Got Mail pretty much every year around this time. It's the perfect movie to take apart and analyze, structure-wise.

As a family, we kind of cycle through Christmas movies. It's either Home Alone or Four Christmases or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.... or Jingle All the Way.

This year, we were listening to stand-up.

I've been on a Jim Breuer kick lately, so this was my contribution. I guess this was festive because here's his take on how to handle alcohol:

In no particular order or maybe there is one? hmm :D. I'm thinking there should be a modern vs. old school or classic movie list.

40s/50s:
  1. The Bishop's Wife (1948)
  2. A White Christmas (1954)
  3. Miracle on 34th Street (1947/1994)
(90s):
  1. A Christmas Carol(?)
  2. Little Women (1994)
  3. You've Got Mail (thanks to @sassafras!)
  4. The Preacher's Wife (1996)
  5. Ebbie (1995) -TV Movie version of Scrooge
  6. The Santa Clause (1994)
  7. Home Alone (1990)
(2000s):
  1. Eloise at Christmastime (2003)
  2. Pride and Prejudice (2005)
  3. The Holiday (2006)
  4. Love Actually (2003)
  5. Last Holiday (2006)
  6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
  7. Elf (2003)
Late Modern Classic (2010s): Unknown, suggestions?
  1. ?The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017) - haven't seen this yet

Hey, what are you favorite holiday movies and why are they classics? Post your top 3, 5, etc. list! Which ones do you watch a million times and never get tired of? (Post trailers or full video links if you can).

1. Home Alone - it's usually on TV but it still gives me that feel and the 90s nostalgia. I appreciate it now for the Old Man Marley arc:
Their ending never fails to make me tear up. I think for me, personally, too, Old Man Marley is a vision of ideal manhood since I was raised on stories of my mother's own grandfather, who was very similar except for the creepy reputation. Dignity and love up the wazoo.

The rest of mine are a bit too idiosyncratic to be considered 'holiday' movies (e.g. The Futurama feature-lengths and Gladiator) but I have my reasons :relieved:

1. A Christmas Story
2. Elf
3. Home Alone
4. The Christmas Chronicles

Smoky Mountian Christmas
Prancer

The Homecomming

Miracle on 34th street. . the original
White Christmas
Love Actually
Holiday Inn