Favorite action or adventure movie trilogies or sagas | INFJ Forum

Favorite action or adventure movie trilogies or sagas

So, I was watching the Mummy this morning, and felt nostalgia for movie adventures like Mummy. I feel like films have lost that thing in fantasy film adventure which make you excited and engaged. The films have become more about the movie stars and the overdone effects than the story and adventure.

Last edited:
Reactions: z523x4gr98j
Well, obviously Star Wars (the old ones) and Lord of the Rings.

Obviously!!!! :D

There's the Indiana Jones movies. The first and the last were great! "Why does it always have to be snakes?!?!?" :lol:

Back to the Future movies. Again the first and the last were great.

btw... all three movies of LOTR were fantastic.
[MENTION=1669]Framed[/MENTION] I liked the Mummy very much. A bunch of us dressed up in our belly dance/arabian/archeologist costumes and went to dinner first and then to the movie. We had sooooo much fun. Bill dressed as the Mummy in pieces of sheet wrapped around him while wearing depends. Hahahahahaha.... I think we were all in our late 40's or early 50's.

groupmummy5x7.jpg

Reactions: Gaze
Die Hard. Maybe they'll make a Die Hard 4 one of these days.

Internal Affairs. Chinese cop trilogy which The Departed copied almost scene for scene.

The Dollars trilogy. For my buck, the best Western series out there.

All Dogs Go to Heaven. I loved shows where animals were able to talk. Homeward Bound was my favourite, but not a trilogy.

Reactions: Kgal
Die Hard. Maybe they'll make a Die Hard 4 one of these days.

Internal Affairs. Chinese cop trilogy which The Departed copied almost scene for scene.

The Dollars trilogy. For my buck, the best Western series out there.

All Dogs Go to Heaven. I loved shows where animals were able to talk. Homeward Bound was my favourite, but not a trilogy.

They do have a Die Hard 4: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/

They even have a Die Hard 5 now.

They do have a Die Hard 4: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/

They even have a Die Hard 5 now.

No, Die Hard 4 was never made. It was in production, but then they realised how it was an insult to the Die Hard franchise and cancelled it. You've probably heard similar rumours about a fourth Indiana Jones movie, but this again was cancelled because the premise was so stupid.

Reactions: invisible
First thing that comes to mind is the Indiana Jones trilogy, might think of another later. (I choose not to acknowledge The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull existence!)

First thing that comes to mind is the Indiana Jones trilogy, might think of another later. (I choose not to acknowledge The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull existence!)
why? :D

It sucks. End of story. :tongue: Also if Hollywood would stop making sequels or prequels or remakes or adaptations:dizzy: and come up with an original idea that'd be great.

i loved Indiana Jones! i think the first one was the best because its almost like every scene is perfect, but also because the female lead is just so incredibly strong. i love her in the first scenes, when she's saying about how everyone's sorry and how "this is my place now, get out!"

must watch Kieslowski's Three Colours trilogy again!!!

Star Wars (4,5 and 6), Lord of The Rings and perhaps the Matrix made in an alternate universe where the second and third movies did not suck.

Star wars...without thinking twice...
In another universe I am jedi knightesse...Wise, brave and hot...

Reactions: Gaze
Hm.

Man With No Name trilogy or Indiana Jones trilogy.