Faux pas at work/professionally | INFJ Forum

Faux pas at work/professionally

Lerxst

Jul 3, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
So what have been some of your most awkward moments at work or even job seeking, that weren't intentional?

I was just looking over another thread and recalled a job I applied for once as a Call Center Manager. When I showed up there were posters for president Bush (GW) all over the place and under the "activities and hobbies" section of their application I had bits like "Wildlife Conservation" and "Recycling program". That interview... did not go well.

There was also a point where I was applying for about 6 jobs per day for a while. I lost count of the number of carefully formatted and written cover letters I sent but forgot to attach a resume to.

I once offered to take over the Director's job without realizing it by volunteering to do things that "weren't getting done". Little did I know the person who wasn't getting them done was my boss!

My boss and I both applied for the same internal job at a company one time. She was my recommendation...:shocked:

I once tried to compliment a co-worker on her St Patrick's Day outfit by comparing it to the "Rolling Hills of Ireland"... she wouldn't talk to me for months afterward.

Reactions: Skathac
When I was just starting my training, I met THE TOP MAN in my organisation... for some reason, I thought he was just a regular guy stationed in some little backwater. He and I talked for a long time - we were hitting it off as friends - and before excusing myself to get going, I commented that I had never seen him around and asked where he was stationed and what his position was. When he answered, I kept a straight face, but wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

When I was just starting my training, I met THE TOP MAN in my organisation... for some reason, I thought he was just a regular guy stationed in some little backwater. He and I talked for a long time - we were hitting it off as friends - and before excusing myself to get going, I commented that I had never seen him around and asked where he was stationed and what his position was. When he answered, I kept a straight face, but wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

I've done the same when I first met our CEO. Luckily he took it in stride :)

Some people would really like that.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila