Faux pas at work/professionally | INFJ Forum

Faux pas at work/professionally

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Lerxst, Jul 18, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Lerxst
  1. Lerxst

Lerxst Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    So what have been some of your most awkward moments at work or even job seeking, that weren't intentional?

I was just looking over another thread and recalled a job I applied for once as a Call Center Manager. When I showed up there were posters for president Bush (GW) all over the place and under the "activities and hobbies" section of their application I had bits like "Wildlife Conservation" and "Recycling program". That interview... did not go well.

There was also a point where I was applying for about 6 jobs per day for a while. I lost count of the number of carefully formatted and written cover letters I sent but forgot to attach a resume to.

I once offered to take over the Director's job without realizing it by volunteering to do things that "weren't getting done". Little did I know the person who wasn't getting them done was my boss!

My boss and I both applied for the same internal job at a company one time. She was my recommendation...:shocked:

I once tried to compliment a co-worker on her St Patrick's Day outfit by comparing it to the "Rolling Hills of Ireland"... she wouldn't talk to me for months afterward.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Skathac likes this.
  2. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    When I was just starting my training, I met THE TOP MAN in my organisation... for some reason, I thought he was just a regular guy stationed in some little backwater. He and I talked for a long time - we were hitting it off as friends - and before excusing myself to get going, I commented that I had never seen him around and asked where he was stationed and what his position was. When he answered, I kept a straight face, but wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

3. OP
    Lerxst

Lerxst Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I've done the same when I first met our CEO. Luckily he took it in stride :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    Some people would really like that.

Flavus Aquila likes this.