Family relationships; Caring for the Elderly, Part I | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Family relationships; Caring for the Elderly, Part I

What I meant was as a whole, as a people; what does it say about the human race if we only help those deserving? I was taught to rise above the pain and not to lower self to others' standards. Sometimes people make their own bed and must lay in it, too. What if we only received love when we were deserving?

I also understand we are more apt to help those that helped us, and less apt to help those that abused us.

[MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION] In a "perfect" world, there would be love for everyone. I could never imagine that though.

What does this say about the human race if we only help those deserving?

Well it makes it sound negative. I don't think so though, I think it make sense.

What if we only received love when we were deserving?

that depends on perspective (what is "deserving" to you?) I think everyone is essentially deserving of love. That never changes. What does evolve is the person. they deserve love, but did they aquire it? Did they love back?

Perhaps not. They are still deserving, but they don't get it.

Some people just don't get this.

My family moved from Yugoslavia to Hungary when I was around 3 years old, and barely had any touch with my grandparents even after that.
About my current family-situation.... I talk sometimes with my father. I know he would never understand the choice I made, but I know he wouldn't at least bring it always up.

Back to topic:
I would naturally help my father if something come up. He was always there for us. He might be stubborn, but he is my father.
I can understand those thought who never want to meet their family again. (I don't count my mother there anymore, take this as you want.) And I guess this forum has many people who had some serious family-issues going on.
It can be easier to break the ties than some people realize. :(

[MENTION=3755]Curiosilla[/MENTION], thanks for your input. Glad you brought up the few again. The few are not just family-based; they are seen in churches and hospitals, natural disasters and all sorts of situations. Some actually are helping people they have never known and may never see again. There is still a connection, though it may not be seen readily.

Some folk have had things happen in their lifes that just tend to impel them to help others in need. It can be from a spiritual connection or worldly. Will be back; have to go for now.

@Curiosilla, thanks for your input. Glad you brought up the few again. The few are not just family-based; they are seen in churches and hospitals, natural disasters and all sorts of situations. Some actually are helping people they have never known and may never see again. There is still a connection, though it may not be seen readily.

Some folk have had things happen in their lifes that just tend to impel them to help others in need. It can be from a spiritual connection or worldly. Will be back; have to go for now.

Yes, I agree with this. Without a kind connection (that tie), I don't think anyone would be willing to ever help.

Yes, I agree with this. Without a kind connection (that tie), I don't think anyone would be willing to ever help.

Reminds me of Scrooge, whose connection may not have been kind to him. It is possible to want to help with a learning experience of sorts. There are life-changing bad connections, although they may not be anywhere as often.