Faith In Humanity, Restored | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Faith In Humanity, Restored

Just the other day I took my dogs to the doggie beach for a playful adventure walk along the shore. In the distance I saw a big 'ol beautiful mutt pouncing the tiny waves as they lapped at his paws. He was wearing a blue life vest, and his owner wore a matching one.
As we approached I could finally read the bright yellow letters on his vest, "I'm blind". His human's vest stated, "I'm his service human". This alone made my heart melt, but as we got even closer, his human approached me and said, "Hi! This is Harold, could I persuade you to give him a treat?" As if I needed convincing! Harold's human gave me a treat from her pocket and then asked if I could stand about 5 feet back and call out for Harold to approach me. I did so, then rewarded him with his treat and snuggles once he sniffed my hand.
She then told me the harrowing story of his rescue from abuse, that he wasn't born blind but that this was inflicted upon him by his evil previous owners. That he was going to be put down because of his aggressiveness and fear of humans at the shelter. That she volunteered to rehabilitate him and fell in love and adopted him, and that she takes him out in public as often as she can and asks friendly humans to give him treats so he doesn't have to live the rest of his life in fear.
Seeing Harold play in the waves, and that tail happily wagging as passersby gave him treats was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Harold's service human indeed restored my faith in humanity.

OMG, @Free!!! This story is making my heart burst into tiny exploding fireworks hearts that are floating off to other doggies everywhere.
This is one of the best stories I've heard in a while. The service human is soooooo amazing. <3 <3 <3
His human's vest stated, "I'm his service human".
OMG! <3

@Barkalounger - You'll like Free's story.

OMG, @Free!!! This story is making my heart burst into tiny exploding fireworks hearts that are floating off to other doggies everywhere.
This is one of the best stories I've heard in a while. The service human is soooooo amazing. <3 <3 <3

OMG! <3

@Barkalounger - You'll like Free's story.

Agreed... Thank you for bringing @Free 's story to my attention... It made my heart ache, in a very confusing way...

Agreed... Thank you for bringing @Free 's story to my attention... It made my heart ache, in a very confusing way...
Confusing, yes. Conflicted, even more so. I debated whether or not to tell the story of Harold's evil humans in @Asa's other thread, Ugh humans, but finally decided to celebrate Harold's happy ending and the wonderful woman that saved him.