[INFJ] - Facebook Page: First impressions | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Facebook Page: First impressions

Aaron Hepi

Regular Poster
Sep 17, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Hi,

I'm a freshly graduated pure mathematics student. I want to know what first impressions all you get from my facebook page. Since I am looking for a job, I want to know what employers are thinking when they look at it.
So what are your first impressions? Any advice on what to change would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/ayumu.hitomi?fref=ts

Thanks,
Aaron!

Hi,

I'm a freshly graduated pure mathematics student. I want to know what first impressions all you get from my facebook page. Since I am looking for a job, I want to know what employers are thinking when they look at it.
So what are your first impressions? Any advice on what to change would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/ayumu.hitomi?fref=ts

Thanks,
Aaron!

It looks good, but I would try to stream-line your status updates more, and add a more professional profile picture. That means you in a blazer, or a full suit, preferably. More people can be in the photo, but there should be no doubt who you are on the photo. Here's a great "how to" article on how to make your profile more business oriented:

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/5492/How-to-Create-a-Facebook-Business-Page-in-5-Simple-Steps-With-Video.aspx

Good luck! You seem friendly and I bet you'll find a job soon.

I highly recommend getting two accounts, on private with friends and family, and one for professional contacts.
Your future employers do not care about your vacation pictures ;p

I also would not recommend sharing your FB with your CV or anything lol

Reactions: Rcs6r
First impression:

"Which one are you... Aaron... you are... the dude?? Okay."

It looks good, but I would try to stream-line your status updates more, and add a more professional profile picture. That means you in a blazer, or a full suit, preferably. More people can be in the photo, but there should be no doubt who you are on the photo. Here's a great "how to" article on how to make your profile more business oriented:

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/5492/How-to-Create-a-Facebook-Business-Page-in-5-Simple-Steps-With-Video.aspx

Thanks for the link! :)

Impression:

Profile pic hugging on 2 girls and looking really chill. Makes me think this guy might be drunk or on drugs and kind of a player with 2 women.

Japanese background makes me think this guy might be into anime.

Impression:

Profile pic hugging on 2 girls and looking really chill. Makes me think this guy might be drunk or on drugs and kind of a player with 2 women.

Japanese background makes me think this guy might be into anime.

I don't mean to turn this into a race thing, but is the "on drugs" part because I'm not white? Also, thanks for your input! :)

Thanks for the link! :)

Out of curiosity, do you intent to act upon any of the impressions and advice you've gotten ? ^^

I don't mean to turn this into a race thing, but is the "on drugs" part because I'm not white? Also, thanks for your input! :)

I doubt it is.
Everyone here only dropped by to help, it would be extremely unlikely for him to just drop by with the intent to insult you.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do you intent to act upon any of the impressions and advice you've gotten ? ^^

Of course....

I doubt it is.
Everyone here only dropped by to help, it would be extremely unlikely for him to just drop by with the intent to insult you.

This is one of the reasons I asked for "first impressions". What better way is there to anticipate and compensate for prejudice than by asking complete strangers! This isn't a self pity thing; here, you will just have to take my word.

Also, thanks for your input as well!

I also would not recommend sharing your FB with your CV or anything lol

This a thousand times. Don't share your FB directly with your resumes! If you want to share a social networking site, I recommend LinkedIn. Just expect your potential employers to do a quick facebook search on your name.

I don't think that you need two FB profiles, though. Not unless you are a high profile public persona, or starting your own business.

91fd1692f61dc246f35d92d64f056a8b.550x280x1.jpg

This a thousand times. Don't share your FB directly with your resumes! If you want to share a social networking site, I recommend LinkedIn. Just expect your potential employers to do a quick facebook search on your name.

I don't think that you need two FB profiles, though. Not unless you are a high profile public persona, or starting your own business.

Sharing facebook on a CV was never a consideration. Employers are going to look up my profile whether I want them to or not!

Sharing facebook on a CV was never a consideration. Employers are going to look up my profile whether I want them to or not!

ugh tell me about it >.<

They're likely going to google the hack out of you, and might even print out all they can find you and ask you about it in person. There are companies that do that...
Also your facebook page's link contains your name so they'll find these posts. At the very least your facebook link will have them find you on here should they remember to search for that ;p
That mean's anything you posted here may be found and used against you.

It all depends on how well the person doing the background research is at this kind of thing though. ^^"

[MENTION=14155]Aaron Hepi[/MENTION] No, race doesn't enter into it at all. It's because of how chill you look in the pic.