Expressions of (Negative) Emotions

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
This -is- a realm of Feelers. @Stormy1 included (cooooooooooome. Coooooooome. We have HUGS.)
Which is exactly my point. *grin* *giggles*

So; how far do you 'permit' expressions of emotional feelings, for people, and yourself?
How much (if any) expressions does it take before it starts to become Wangst; or pure whining, or simply too much, in your perspective?
And talking about this will quickly directed to gender issues; how much does gender affect your opinion in this case? Does gender make a difference?
Or is it another set of standards? For instance, those who -can- but don't -want- to? Or those capable enough but don't do anything except whining? Or those 'not suffering enough'?

Pray tell,
those who lived with their hearts intact.

Last edited:
I hope Santa will keep me on the Nice list after I maim you @Trifoilum

I keep most people at arms length. I only express a fraction of my inner world at any given time. I am reserved. I am bold and brash in my thoughts and opinions. I am mecurial and show superficial emotions easily. If you hurt me, I withdraw and hide until I have had time to examine what is going on. Many times, the most important things are the things you don't say. I am quite capable of feeling emotions and do so readily. I am not so comfortable expressing them. I get bored easily with expressing negative emotions and generally tell myself to just get the f*ck over it.

Last edited:
I believe anger would be classified as a negative emotion ;)

You presume that it is anger though @Sali Perhaps it is just playful teasing

I would make you cry fast if I was angry : )

oof, what kind of maiming are we talking heeeeere~? <3

So; how far do you 'permit' expressions of emotional feelings, for people, and yourself?

I guess I do not control other people... They may do as they please...
As for myself, my only outlet is writing, which I fulfill to my heart's content.
I hardly talk, so feelings are something I do not express through words.
I do admit that I repress my feelings from the people around me.

How much (if any) expressions does it take before it starts to become Wangst; or pure whining, or simply too much, in your perspective?

This is an impossible question for me... But a subject I feel very strongly about, especially after my last volunteer experience. I think the worst whining is complaining about another person. I believe that no one has really experienced what someone else has gone through. No one can ever completely be in someone else's shoes. How is anyone suppose to know what a certain person has been through, and how they are supposed to feel and "get over it"...? For someone to determine that for someone else, I feel is quite wrong in some ways. Often times, such an attitude promotes a victim-blaming mentality. Everyone takes a different amount of time to heal and let their feelings out. That being said, if someone doesn't want to listen, they shouldn't be forced to.

And talking about this will quickly directed to gender issues; how much does gender affect your opinion in this case? Does gender make a difference?

It doesn't make a difference to me... I think men and women are capable of suffering equally. But I have noticed a lot of times, when men express their feelings, they are often given a negative reaction, which I think is very unfair.

Or is it another set of standards? For instance, those who -can- but don't -want- to? Or those capable enough but don't do anything except whining? Or those 'not suffering enough'?

I've explained my sentiments on the fact above. I believe if such ideas really bother a person so much, instead of disparaging another person, they should just do something else or try to avoid the person.

Reactions: CAptain