May 2, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
Part 1 - Understanding what makes one brilliant
[video=youtube;q06YIWCR2Js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q06YIWCR2Js[/video]

Reactions: ThisIsWhoIAm
Part 2 - Understanding how to influece it
[video=youtube;Q_fFattg8N0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_fFattg8N0[/video]

Hahahahaha.... I laughed at this line "What's up with YOU! Don't you realize everything is SHIT!!!!". :lol:

I'm gonna finish watching this. He is very entertaining and quite ...well...Brilliant. :D

"You're a think tank and you never thought about thinking! What's that about?"

This is awesome ahaha.

[FONT=&quot] “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] It is our light, not our dar[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ness that most frightens us.

We as[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?'
Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrin[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ing so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to ma[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson, Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" [/FONT]

Reactions: apemon
This thing is amazing. It's hearing scientific proof to what i've been feeling / thinking all these years. Thank you very much, cheers.

So the second video explains how to gain some control over your physiology, at least so far as to bring you to the midpoint. How do you think you gain control over emotions and feelings? I looked around for a book or more videos, but I couldn't find any.

So the second video explains how to gain some control over your physiology, at least so far as to bring you to the midpoint. How do you think you gain control over emotions and feelings? I looked around for a book or more videos, but I couldn't find any.

Well, you don't, really. You just feel them and let them go. Here's a book that explains the idea and one general theory: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1572244402/?tag=infjs-20
Those were AWESOME videos, by the way!

I agree that you cannot control emtions and feelings, but at the same time, the more you are conscious of them, and your physiology, the more you affect them.

And yes it's possible.

Yes i do it.

You can't control the emotion itself but you can control the way you express it. Also emotions are closely linked to our thoughts which means we can at least indirectly influence them.

Well, you don't, really. You just feel them and let them go. Here's a book that explains the idea and one general theory: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1572244402/?tag=infjs-20
Those were AWESOME videos, by the way!

Well perhaps "control" isn't the right word, but he does say that you can impact or influence all levels, including emotions and feelings.

I think awareness is the next step. Being aware of what emotions you are experiencing and how it makes you feel.

Reactions: ThisIsWhoIAm
Well perhaps "control" isn't the right word, but he does say that you can impact or influence all levels, including emotions and feelings.

I think awareness is the next step. Being aware of what emotions you are experiencing and how it makes you feel.

Yes, that's more or less what I meant -- that book is a good guide for one way of doing this -- control can mean denying, repressing, etc. and that is (for me, anyway) not really possible. :)