ever wonder whether you really exist? | INFJ Forum

ever wonder whether you really exist?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
whether anything at all that you believe is real? whether you're not just an illusion, a fantasy, perhaps a dream of a higher being? ever wonder whether the earth would swallow you whole if you weren't to wake up?

Of course I'm real.

The rest of you though, are much too simplistic to be real, or of my design.

So that begs the question, who else is real, and why is s/he doing such things?

Reactions: under skies
I used to.

Edit: Oh then the Matrix came out and it became cool to think the world wasn't real.

I used to.

Edit: Oh then the Matrix came out and it became cool to think the world wasn't real.

seriously though, could it be true? is everything we are an illusion? if we're picking things up through our senses and our senses are flawed and inherently subjective, then how could you know for sure that anything was real?

edit: and more to the point doesn't this bother anyone??

Last edited:
Not at all.

A seperate reality which was assumed to be 'the real world' would have no more a basis to be called the real world and wouldn't feel any more real.

Unless truly living involves something else, something beyond our reach which is entirely different to life now..without limits... or with more...

In which case, you can't miss what you don't know, and who is to say that the true reality isn't beyond human understanding and 'true' life would destroy us if we had but one taste of it?

Reactions: Poetic Justice
whether anything at all that you believe is real? whether you're not just an illusion, a fantasy, perhaps a dream of a higher being? ever wonder whether the earth would swallow you whole if you weren't to wake up?

I believe that i am real because i am living in real world. No i never felt like that you mentioned above. World can't swallow me, but yes some negative energy tries to push me back.

Not at all.

A seperate reality which was assumed to be 'the real world' would have no more a basis to be called the real world and wouldn't feel any more real.

Unless truly living involves something else, something beyond our reach which is entirely different to life now..without limits... or with more...

In which case, you can't miss what you don't know, and who is to say that the true reality isn't beyond human understanding and 'true' life would destroy us if we had but one taste of it?

good point, but if destruction was the only alternative to living in perpetual delusion, then perhaps that is the better option. i don't know, if you were in a coma wouldn't you want to wake up, regardless of how sweet the dream, or how risky the transition?

if what you feel and think are 'as good' as the 'real' thing, then it's like we can make up our own realities... which kind of challenges the whole proposition that there is one underlying truth

I believe that i am real because i am living in real world. No i never felt like that you mentioned above. World can't swallow me, but yes some negative energy tries to push me back.

thankyou Roger, what do you mean by negative energy though?

I used to wonder this a whole lot more than I do nowadays. I think after you push the boundaries of human perception enough times things just make sense and I stop asking questions about certain things.

Never had the feeling of being swallowed hole, but on a handfull of times I felt like the earth wasn't going to hold me with its gravity and I was going to fly off into space. Scary shit.

I used to wonder this a whole lot more than I do nowadays. I think after you push the boundaries of human perception enough times things just make sense and I stop asking questions about certain things.

i'm afraid i don't understand, what sense do they come to make? i agree that people stop wondering such things after a point though

Never had the feeling of being swallowed hole, but on a handfull of times I felt like the earth wasn't going to hold me with its gravity and I was going to fly off into space. Scary shit.

wow. that's something i've never felt. *touch wood*

Things like am I real? Is there a plan? Is there a god? What comes after? Why?

I don't know everything, but I focused on those questions pretty hard here and there in the past 15 years. I still contemplate certain things but some things you just come to accept an understanding of.

thankyou Roger, what do you mean by negative energy though?

Sometimes when i wake up in morning, i feel i am having thoughts like this: You will fail and you will not able to make up so. You don't deserve anything. You will lost things and so...

then i have to do something for this.

Yes.

Why should it?

! it would shake the foundations of every other action if it turns out our very sense of reality is flawed, every assumption is linked to a previous one - break apart the original, and the whole thing will come down. and the original is our perception of the fundamentals of existence.

! it would shake the foundations of every other action if it turns out our very sense of reality is flawed, every assumption is linked to a previous one - break apart the original, and the whole thing will come down. and the original is our perception of the fundamentals of existence.

But can you change it?

But can you change it?

perhaps not, but i'd still want to know! if you were being lied to, even if it made you happy, wouldn't you want some jerk to tell you the truth?

I think Chazz, you underestimate the urge of the INTP to understand.

I mean, put it this way...

Lets say you walk along an empty road each day...and from the way your footsteps reverberate, you know it's hollow.

Now say, you had the smallest inkling, through observation, that something was down there, be it horrifying or spectacular...

There is no way to get there, you can't change it...

But wouldn't it just kill you not knowing?