ESFP with INFJ, need help with the literal vs figurative communication, help! | INFJ Forum

ESFP with INFJ, need help with the literal vs figurative communication, help!

art love

Three
Feb 6, 2013
MBTI
ESFP
Enneagram
So, I am so in love with my Husband, who is an INFJ! but me being an ESFP gets in the way a lot! He wants me to understand his way of thinking and world inside his head, but I try reading these personality books that make no sense to me, (I get really sleepy). I learn better from conversations a examples that I can see, not great with theories and philosophy. but I love him so much and I see how we misunderstand each other, and get frustrated. And if we didn't have a toddler I think it might have been easier to learn more, but time isn't always on my side. Please some one give me more clues!

Are you trolling?

If you aren't, ask your husband to join this site.

Im sorry I this is my first time joining any type of forum or anything involving personality typing. I've asked him to look this cite up. But he's not really into it like that. I'm just trying to understand INFJs better.

There are ooooodles of threads to read ... especially in the relationship section. Not to offend you, but often we are tired of repeating ourselves over and over again. Everything you need to understand about INFJs is all over this message board. Happy reading!

If reading a book isn't going to help, then how is reading the Internet going to be any different?

what is it about him that attracts you ? What attracted him to you?

Last edited:
well honestly, the difference for me is that on the net like this forum, I feel like Im listening to a conversation, I am able to paint a better picture of what is being said. What attracts me about him, is that I never finish finding out about him. I open a box and it leads me to open another. Also, how he can be so honest with me about everything. And even though I am an ESFP, and I read that we tend to be very materialistic, I am not and I like how he feeds another part of me that most people never understood. I think he's attracted to me, bc I am very down to earth, Im always trying to help everyone and I love to enjoy life in a sensory way that to him is difficult to do. I help him be here and experience the world in a diff. light. also, he loves how I am pacient with him, and let him rant, go into himself without judging him on anything he does and says.

Reactions: barbad0s
I'm an INFJ and I'm struggling with my long distance relationship with a male ESFP. He's been my best friend for seven years. I had a crush on him for the first two years of our friendship, but then my confidence dwindled and I moved on. Ever since I had moved on, he seemed to make efforts to bring our friendship back. Two years ago, he moved across the ocean. When I finally got out of the relationship that had helped me move on from my crush, I began to think about my crush again when I had received a phone call on Valentine's Day of 2012. Summer of 2012, he came to visit and revealed his love for me. Yeah-yeah, it all seems very romantic. I knew it would be extremely difficult once he had left to go back home, but the fact that he seemed to not really care or make any efforts in making contact made me doubt him. I couldn't take it anymore, I got mad and broke up with him September of 2012. December came around and I couldn't help it, even though I had stopped believing in him and in love all together, I couldn't stop thinking of him, caring about him. In January 2013 I told him I loved him over the phone, but it wasn't as random as I'm making it sound. I unintentionally flirted with him for a while. Now it's March and I just can't handle it. For the past few weeks I've felt miserable, constantly waiting to hear from him again. I'm so doubtful. I question his love constantly...I've given so much effort and received none in return. But, then when I blow up about it, he shows sadness and tells me sincerely he loves me... I'm so confused. And now I've recently discovered our science-based personalities and heard a lot of bad feedback about INFJ's and ESFP's in relationships... HELP? sorry, I know its a lot...