IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
So I will try to describe this to the best of my abillity. I wanted to write it down while I went through it, but I obviously could not.

-------

Last night me and a bunch of friends went up to Aberdeen (a town about an hour north of me). One of my best friends was driving the car and is notorious for getting lost and being late. Two things that I can barely tolerate at all. The drive up there was uneventful, I just had on my ipod listning to my music for the drive because they had on music I did not like and I just had an urge to isolate myself to a degree. Not to mention it was dark and I love zoning out on highways.

When we get to Aberdeen it was about 11:30 (the show starts at 12:00). Then I realise that not more then a minute into the town, my friend makes a wrong turn. I took off my music so I could keep tabs on what was going on. We then drove around in circles for about 15 minutes going past the same things over and over. I didn't speak up because I just didn't feel like it and I was for some reason not annoyed. I just went with it. We eventually pull into an Ihop where a few of them go in and get directions. We got the directions, and go out again. and get lost AGAIN. We went by the same things over and over and over, and went way out of the way of everyhting, hitting dead ends along the way. Once midnight rolled around I got annoyed because we were then late, and no closer (if anything further) from out destination. We kept driving and got to a point, when my friend who got directions, forgot them. At this point I just lost desire to go to the show, and hoped that we would not get there.

We kept driving, my friend not making any progress. So we go back to the Ihop and get one of the workers numbers to guide us there. After much chatting, and despite being on the phone with the worker, still getting lost in progress. We get there at 12:30, 30 minutes late.

After midnight rolled around, I quickly lost interest to go. My friend had told me about the show and I have seen the movie many times before. But for some reason that I am still trying to wrap my brain around. As soon as I realised we were late, I just did not want to go. I realised it was rooted in me being embaressed into going into the building late, I cant explain the origin of this embaressment, but it was strong. To the point where if we had been like 5 more minutes late I would have just said to everyone I am staying inside of the car and will sleep. I actually was about to say that but Decided to go in anyway.

Sorry of I trailed off at the end, I got distracted

Yea, I'd have felt the same way. Being late makes me very uncomfortable in that context, other situations I don't mind though. And if it's something that is only two or three hours long and you miss a half hour or more... really why bother?

Blah.

Here is a question, for clarification.

Are you really embarrassed about being late, or is it the idea that you are late because of your friends actions which you had no control over?

Personally, I don't like showing up late for obvious reasons [punctuality is an important trait], but I find myself more annoyed with the people I have to rely on who ARE NOT doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Here is a question, for clarification.

Are you really embarrassed about being late, or is it the idea that you are late because of your friends actions which you had no control over?

Personally, I don't like showing up late for obvious reasons [punctuality is an important trait], but I find myself more annoyed with the people I have to rely on who ARE NOT doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Oh trust me, i was embaressed, I know that feeling very well. I was also annoyed because, as you said, it was out of my control. It was the embaressment driving it though.

That's why I'm starting to wonder if I'm just an ENTJ with ADD... I Cannot ever be late. I procrastinate to the utmost before a thing, but I'm ready to go at the exact second I need to be going, but everyone else is dawdling.

Of course that could be because I have an ISFJ father who internally times even the potatoes so that everything comes out perfect, and instills a need to be ready at all times.

Oh trust me, i was embaressed, I know that feeling very well. I was also annoyed because, as you said, it was out of my control. It was the embaressment driving it though.

XD This is why I do not drive- so I can blame other people for my problems.​

But since this is relevant, I will share with you one of the most embarrassing moments of my life; which happened recently, probably in November or something. My Grandma, my sister and I all went up to Colorado to check out the houses that were for sale there, because we hate Utah and would like to move. While we were driving back from there, a police officer pulled us over for not switching lanes in presence of an officer [ or some senseless law like that which we don't have in Utah but they have in Colorado]. My Grandma was at first, calm, explained what was happening, and then persisted to arguing with the Police Officer. When he came back and proceeded to give her a ticket, she started crying

"Officer you can't do this, my Grandchildren and I were on a trip here to see if we'd like to move here. And you know what I decided? Because of you, because you're giving me this ticket, we are not moving out here. I have had enough with this fucking place, [ officer tries to interrupt, but grandma continues] NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME, what you did is wrong, there were a million other cars doing the same thing as me and you are going to feel bad about this ticket- just you see you ungrateful bastard."

And the officer was so sincere about all this, trying to explain that by law he still had to give her a ticket. She started CRYING.

>.< I felt so responsible for her I didn't know what to do. I did like you did, listened to my MP3 and spaced shit out.