Dr. Pimple Popper and other medical reality shows! | INFJ Forum

Dr. Pimple Popper and other medical reality shows!

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Hello!

So, this past week, I finally caught onto Dr. Pimple Popper, starting out on TikTok, then watching from the start. No matter how much I want to turn away, I can't. I am slightly addicted, and I can't say why. Although, it's really cool when someone's appearance who has been significantly affected by them is happier and sees a change once their pimples are gone. Oddly, enough, my stomach does not curl. :D

Anyone else here a fan of these kinds of medical reality shows? Which ones and why?

For those who may not know, here's a sample. (I do not recommend watching this while eating) :D

They can be fascinating. I've watched quite a few myself. After several episodes they start getting kind of repetitive, and it is a bit off-putting how they exploit the anguish and catharsis that people go through dealing with their individual maladies. It can be kind of fun to guess though. Is it a cyst or a lipoma? If it's a cyst, will she get sprayed or is it gonna be buttery? If it's a lipoma will it be all in one piece or will she have to take it out in bits and pieces? Oh yeah, and then there are the cuboids (sp?).

It makes my mouth water... in a bad way. On one hand I feel like I have to look at it when it's on, but on the other there is something that I find deeply disturbing about it. My gym used to play it all the time so it was like I couldn't get away from it when I was doing cardio lol.

Reactions: HJpAjcdO0X and Gaze
The girl who had a some sort of softball size growth on her neck?!
The volume of ooze that spewed forth, was IMPRESSIVE lol
It did however, portray what I expect from a Bavarian Cream Donut though...

Reactions: Gaze
They can be fascinating. I've watched quite a few myself. After several episodes they start getting kind of repetitive, and it is a bit off-putting how they exploit the anguish and catharsis that people go through dealing with their individual maladies. It can be kind of fun to guess though. Is it a cyst or a lipoma? If it's a cyst, will she get sprayed or is it gonna be buttery? If it's a lipoma will it be all in one piece or will she have to take it out in bits and pieces? Oh yeah, and then there are the cuboids (sp?).

You know, I never thought of it that way, but maybe you're right. It could be exploitive. What's weird is when something seems as if she got out everything, and she keeps poking and prodding and more comes out. It's like, where did that all come from! :D

It makes my mouth water... in a bad way. On one hand I feel like I have to look at it when it's on, but on the other there is something that I find deeply disturbing about it. My gym used to play it all the time so it was like I couldn't get away from it when I was doing cardio lol.

Yeah, it is kinda creepy watching them. Especially when they are awake, and having a conversation with them while she cuts. I want to yell, "how could you have a conversation at a time like this?" :D

The girl who had a some sort of softball size growth on her neck?!
The volume of ooze that spewed forth, was IMPRESSIVE lol
It did however, portray what I expect from a Bavarian Cream Donut though...

I know, right? :D :D And her comparisons to food are a win. Butter, cream, cheese, lol

Reactions: Sloe Djinn