Does age matter for education? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Does age matter for education?

Memory decay as you age is not necessarily a biological phenomenon, unless you have Alzheimer's. It is really more of a facet of culture, so don't believe that just because you are old that your memory is going bad.

People aged 40 and up are perfectly capable of learning, and I would bet that, as a group, they make better students than younger people.

The only except is with the learning of language. Once you hit your late 20's, you can still learn any language, but you will have trouble pronouncing it and will never be able to get rid of whatever accent you have developed.

Memory decay as you age is not necessarily a biological phenomenon, unless you have Alzheimer's. It is really more of a facet of culture, so don't believe that just because you are old that your memory is going bad.

People aged 40 and up are perfectly capable of learning, and I would bet that, as a group, they make better students than younger people.

The only except is with the learning of language. Once you hit your late 20's, you can still learn any language, but you will have trouble pronouncing it and will never be able to get rid of whatever accent you have developed.
Agree with your post.

You know, when anyone surpasses the age 20+, they struggle with two things :personality conflicts and self-trust issues with their society.

I start teaching English as a Second Language next week. It's an adult program, so after a few weeks I'll try and remember to visit this thread with any notes I've made about their abilities to pick up a new language.

Sure MF, you're welcome... By the way best luck :thumb: Don't let them feel about ageing. They are still young and their mind is young. :)

Gah, I want to go and do High School Level maths, but not around High Schoolers, or by HS Teachers.

That's a great idea actually...

National Curriculum for HS Math (looked at by Electrical Engineers and Physicists, corrected where wrong)
Examinations provided for the different areas (written and checked by above)
Assessments provided for the examinees on what they need to study
Lectures given by Engineers/Physicists who have Certificate IV in Training and assessment.

Most of the HS curriculum could be retaught like this. My sister was taught German by a national curriculum, and when she went on exchange to germany, she found out the language she was taught died out 60 years ago.

Australia has a recent tradition of Night Classes for adults all over the place.
Adults are heading back to school everywhere here. It's how it should be.
Alongside Adults though.