Do "Feelings" ever become foreign to you? | INFJ Forum

Do "Feelings" ever become foreign to you?

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
Let's say you are healthy, both physically and mentally. (so we'd throw the "feeling numb" case out the window) and you are not a T-type.

Do "feelings" ever become foreign to you? In all senses of the question.

Sometimes I find myself unable to identify with other people's feelings. Or in situations where I'd usually react emotionally, I react rationally instead, without having to force myself to.

It makes me wonder, because I am usually in a normal/natural state of mind when that happens. No outside stimulus or stress.

Does this ever happen to you? If so how would you explain it?

There have been times in my life when it feels like my body is just a cumbersome thing I need to shed myself of and the eyes I am looking out of at the world really don't feel like a part of me...only a stained glass. It is during these times that I observe the world and experience things very similar to what you mention. My emotions feel turned off and I am very apathetic towards the world around me, also everything I look at almost feels like I am seeing them for the first time...they feel very foreign. This wasn't a reaction to anything, just like someone had thrown a switch and made me feel like a robot or an alien living in a human body.

Yes. But for me, it's generally when another person expresses something related to Fi, or if my energy levels are really low.

Kind of. I won't say 'completely foreign', tho...it's...how do I say this. I know what it is, what they feel and (probably) what I feel, and I understand, but I just don't understand. And then I react either extremely emotionally and awkwardly, or completely freezing and went robot all of a sudden. (Ti?)

Yes. But for me, it's generally when another person expresses something related to Fi, or if my energy levels are really low.
*nod*

Actually it used to be this way quite often with my ENFP sister when we were kids. I couldnt understand her feelings and why she's overreact and she couldnt understand why I was angry when she violated my space (some of our fights were usually caused when she would take something from me without asking and then i would be looking for it, or I would come home and my room was messy, etc)

When I was a younger, I was often in a more neutral state when people around me were undergoing stress. I Kind of liked that since to me it meant I was more rational and could think with a clear head, even though I sympathised with their difficulties. Still am a little bit to this date, but I'm more affected by other peoples feelings.

When I'm stressed, I flip into T mode. No feelings whatsoever then.

Most of the time, I'm pretty emotionally numb anyhow... except over beautiful things - which usually make me want to cry. Beautiful things are pretty rare in Sydney.

Fi is almost always very foreign to me (even if I choose to lie and say I'm not T type)

There have been times in my life when it feels like my body is just a cumbersome thing I need to shed myself of and the eyes I am looking out of at the world really don't feel like a part of me...only a stained glass. It is during these times that I observe the world and experience things very similar to what you mention. My emotions feel turned off and I am very apathetic towards the world around me, also everything I look at almost feels like I am seeing them for the first time...they feel very foreign. This wasn't a reaction to anything, just like someone had thrown a switch and made me feel like a robot or an alien living in a human body.

every time i read a thread i think about my response, then read the comments to be sure im not repeating someone else... without fail this guy has written a paragraph already saying everything possibly good to say

TOTOs experience vivd emotional lives. We enjoy singing about africa with tears in our eyes.