Do any other INFJs feel this way? | INFJ Forum

Do any other INFJs feel this way?

Kayla098t

One
Sep 16, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
I have been classified as an INFJ my I type and I’m not sure if this is an INFJ thing or not but I have always been a hopeless romantic. And I always picture and daydream scenarios in my mind about meeting my soulmate. I know it sounds cheesy but do any other INFJs do this??

Yea it's a thing

I have been classified as an INFJ my I type and I’m not sure if this is an INFJ thing or not but I have always been a hopeless romantic. And I always picture and daydream scenarios in my mind about meeting my soulmate. I know it sounds cheesy but do any other INFJs do this??

Yes, it is a thing. Story of my life, to be honest :) Especially throughout my twenties.

I don't think I've daydreamed or pictured myself with someone who doesn't exist IRL. But I've been really determined on finding love. When I have met someone and really like them, I've had a tendency to naively idealize this person to the moon and back. Sort of hopeless, sort of romantic, I guess. :smirk:

Yup! Totally an INFJ thing! Still daydream and am a hopeless romantic. Not sure if that will ever go away honestly. :D

Yeah, I do/did this.

I attribute it to experiences in my childhood and early adulthood, but I suppose it might be an innate personality thing, too :hmmm:

I am intensely romantic, but it's also connected with the idea of being an ideal father and devoted parter for personal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not INFJ, but I can definitely relate. I'm a hopeless romantic also and dreaming about meeting own soulmate someday. Silly dreaming or not, a girl can always dream lol.

It is the epic search for "the one"..good luck my friend..

Ain't this the truth.

Sometimes I do wonder if finding the one is too idealistic or even possible, but I have this light of "hope" still. My grandparents are just proof that soulmates exist. But boy is it rare... :(

Ain't this the truth.

Sometimes I do wonder if finding the one is too idealistic or even possible, but I have this light of "hope" still. My grandparents are just proof that soulmates exist. But boy is it rare... :(

You'll know.

I have this friend, he's 60, and he described meeting her and the incredible connection they had. They talked for hours on a bus back from some activist thing.

The next day she approached him asking what was that? What happened on that bus?

He lied, because he was married to someone else. He said 'nothing. We just had a conversation', and he never saw her again.

This is something about which it's neither possible nor desirable to rationalise; its like a religious faith - romantic love is the real faith of our time. It's our God. We need it as human beings to function.

You'll know.

I have this friend, he's 60, and he described meeting her and the incredible connection they had. They talked for hours on a bus back from some activist thing.

The next day she approached him asking what was that? What happened on that bus?

He lied, because he was married to someone else. He said 'nothing. We just had a conversation', and he never saw her again.

This is something about which it's neither possible nor desirable to rationalise; its like a religious faith - romantic love is the real faith of our time. It's our God. We need it as human beings to function.

Beautifully said Deleted member 16771!

You'll know.

Haha! Well said! My BF and I went there... We rationalize everything, but after this moment we just "we should never speak of this again". :tearsofjoy:

I know I did..u know, with all the details, the situation, what we would do together etc

So my type is inxj, most of the time its intj but im not so sure, because im not that cold like intj. Meanwhile my ex boyfriend, well im sure that he is sooo intj type.
In his eyes, i am hopeless romantic and interpreted his action toward me as a romantic while he did not think so. But according to him im capable of both as a thinking or feeler type.
Though we are not together anymore, i consider that he is my soulmate and oh boy how many times i imagined atleast we could meet again once.
Even if i predicted that he wouldnt meet me again because we both have spouse now, but its turned out we met again though it was not exactly like what i used to imagined, i mean, it was better! .
It did happen, I think mostly because the chance of meeting ur ex boyfriend is bigger than actually meeting ur soulmate but anyway keep ur imagination flow cos it might happen someday

It is the Grail Quest of the INFJ. "the One". they are out there somewhere, and someday they will arrive in our life. When you find them you will know in your soul