district 9 | INFJ Forum

district 9

S

Shai Gar

Racism has never been more obvious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Racism has never been more obvious.

For me that message was overshadowed by "humans are too stupid".

I don't know why but most of my T friends seem to be very excited about this movie while I find it to be average. Wanted to shoot just about every character in it.

I think Racism is definitely a theme of it

I think Racism is definitely a theme of it

I could not help but feel disgusted by how people acted towards aliens. But the ironic part was they acted the same between themselves so I can't write it off to racism.

Nobody even tried to understand those creatures and integrate them - it's like every NF was wiped out from the surface of the planet. That's why I think that movie was unrealistic.

Exagerated representations of biggotry ruin a film. X-Men III was almost unwatchable because it's social message was turned up on full volume for most of the film.

Nah, this one ran some major parallels to to the native american plight, the treatment of africans in south africa and of aboriginals by the english settlers and later australians.

It seems as though PJ was trying to bring home humanities Xenophobia, and trying to make the viewers look at what people have been doing through history. But this time the ones who're being treated harshly have no history with any of us, and so can be viewed in a sympathetic light.

All the better to relate their plight, back with other peoples.

I especially like how the ship stopped over Johanisburg, rather than an American city.

I had to leave in the middle of this movie. It was too upsetting to me. The part where the "doctors" made the main character use the alien weapons was the worst.

I was thinking of seeing it before, but now I'm definitely interested.

I could not help but feel disgusted by how people acted towards aliens. But the ironic part was they acted the same between themselves so I can't write it off to racism.

Nobody even tried to understand those creatures and integrate them - it's like every NF was wiped out from the surface of the planet. That's why I think that movie was unrealistic.

I remember seeing human protesters in the movie who were angry about the aliens being evicted..

Personally, I thought they were doing a remake of the holocaust.

The minority of NFs in the world don't make policy. Majorities and oppressive regimes do.