Difficulty Finding Work? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Difficulty Finding Work?

I had to make a conscious effort to learn professional extroverted skills. I can't say I ever became proficient at it though. It's been a constant balancing act for me. I truly enjoy working alone, but too much alone time isn't healthy (for me anyway). Personally, I need to balance my need for introversion with professional extroverted skills. For me that would probably translate into professional social survival skills :becky:.

The key word for me has been balance. I can't seem to do one or the other completely. I find a tremendous amount of deep personal fulfillment in introverted professions. I need and crave that alone time. But I need extroverted challenges to continue to grow as both an individual and in my profession; not to mention make a living. It hasn't been easy. I envy INFJ's that have figured out your dilemma :(. I've also noticed the older I get the more professionally introverted I'm getting. I just don't have as much of a need or desire for professions that require high levels of extroversion. But I can certainly relate to your dilemma. Sometimes it takes time to find your niche and when you add INFJ to the mix, well, I don't think I need to say anymore. INFJ is both a blessing and a curse. Take care and good luck.

I had to make a conscious effort to learn professional extroverted skills. I can't say I ever became proficient at it though. It's been a constant balancing act for me. I truly enjoy working alone, but too much alone time isn't healthy (for me anyway). Personally, I need to balance my need for introversion with professional extroverted skills. For me that would probably translate into professional social survival skills :becky:.

The key word for me has been balance. I can't seem to do one or the other completely. I find a tremendous amount of deep personal fulfillment in introverted professions. I need and crave that alone time. But I need extroverted challenges to continue to grow as both an individual and in my profession; not to mention make a living. It hasn't been easy. I envy INFJ's that have figured out your dilemma :(. I've also noticed the older I get the more professionally introverted I'm getting. I just don't have as much of a need or desire for professions that require high levels of extroversion. But I can certainly relate to your dilemma. Sometimes it takes time to find your niche and when you add INFJ to the mix, well, I don't think I need to say anymore. INFJ is both a blessing and a curse. Take care and good luck.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When I was in undergrad, I would do anything to avoid group work. I’d do research projects by myself and enjoyed working alone. I worked a bit as a research assistant; I worked mainly by myself but was supervised of course. I didn't like the work that much to be honest; too much data entry and attention to details were required. I like spending time with myself but I also enjoy interacting with others and the ideal job for me would require a combination of both. So I can relate to you on the concept of having to have balance in life. I believe that I connect well with people but in my last job, my manager often complained about me not being outgoing enough.:/
However, I believe that if I get a job that I truly love, I will show more energy and enthusiasm.
Thanks again.

Reactions: #@&5&49
That's obvious thing that you will always shoe energy, commitment and interest, when you find a job of your dream or the one you want to get as your career. But it would be more better to do the same in whatever get, as it will polish your skills and will let you carry on in positive way to your life.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem and was wondering if other INFJs out there have experienced the same problem.

I have been looking for jobs in the hospitality industry (movie theatres, hotels, etc.) and some customer service jobs and when I apply they often ask me to answer behavioral questions or complete personality tests. I feel that most of the time, if not all, I fail to get the job because I fail the personality tests/questionnaires. It’s really annoying and disappointing. It seems like they don’t like us INFJs out there in those positions. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Use keywords like you like you are strongly motivated to help people, and love to make them happy.

Take a look at
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/jobs

See if there's anything that appeals.

That's obvious thing that you will always shoe energy, commitment and interest, when you find a job of your dream or the one you want to get as your career. But it would be more better to do the same in whatever get, as it will polish your skills and will let you carry on in positive way to your life.
Is English your second language?

Thanks for replying everyone.

I do enjoy talking to people and meeting new people. I don’t think you have to be highly outgoing to do well in those kinds of jobs. You can be an introvert but still succeed. We have our own way of connecting with people.
It’s not easy to lie on those tests because they ask the same question in a zillion different ways and the tests will catch you if you contradict yourself. :(

Perhaps its not the best thread to reply in, but I have never found it hard to find work, but probably has something to do with coming from a business background. However even though I do not have problem finding work, the biggest problem is keeping the work.

Currently i am front desk manager for a hotel... yes an INFJ can do such work, even if its taxing on the mind sometimes.

Good thread, enjoy the comments so far :)

-Darcy "Lionchild" Cardinal