Dexter and Lumen | INFJ Forum

Dexter and Lumen

Wolverine

Dec 13, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
Anyway, for those of you who watch the show Dexter, I wanted to talk about the Dexter/Lumen relationship in Season 5. I'm not a serial killer or anything, but I really want to have the kind of relationship that Dexter and Lumen had . . . you know, sharing something so secret and so genuine and real. Maybe its the introvert in me that wants this kind of relationship, where what our relationship would be is secret and sacred to us.

Well, I guess I can't really comment more on this, because I don't really have much experience with relationships, but I'd like to see what you think. Another thing . . . I absolutely hated it when Lumen broke up with Dexter at the end of the season!

I am a serial killer, and for your information, my past girlfriends that I've had have never been that great. Perhaps thats why I tend to ki...

I really want to have the kind of relationship that Dexter and Lumen had . . . you know, sharing something so secret and so genuine and real. Maybe its the introvert in me that wants this kind of relationship, where what our relationship would be is secret and sacred to us.

i haven't seen the show that your talking about, but thats the kind of relationship i also want to be in. i'm also an introvert. when ever i'm dating i hate making it public, even to my friends. everyone has so many questions that it makes dating seem like a game. i don't like that fake reationships that people have just they have a boyfriend/girlfriend. i think dating relationships should be something more then that, where your with someone you could actually see yourself marring.

i don't know what kind of respose you wanted but thats all i got

I think their relationship has no chemistry. I didn't like it.

More likely, the actors had no chemistry.
A relationship like the one they had is one that I crave (except for the killing part). I also want to note, as i have said here before, that i think Dex could be INFJ too. Some people thing Michael C Hall could be too. On other forums, people have said that in the books especially, Dex seems really INFJ.

What is with freaking infjs thinking everyones an infj, for real.

What is with freaking infjs thinking everyones an infj, for real.

A). Every type feels that way about everybody. INTJ's will want to claim people and ESFP's will want to claim the same people just because everyone wants to feel like they are a part of something.

B). There is a legitimate argument for Dex being an INFJ. Just watch the show and take his actions, not his narrations in to account when trying to analyze him.

C). I do not think everybody is an INFJ. In fact, seeing that i haven't met another one, it would be easy for me to believe that i do not speculate about very many other being INFJ.

100th post
:m200:

A) Not true. While there is resemblance of truth, truth in entirety is not existent in that opinion. Im rly tired :|

B) Admittedly, I've not read the books. While I can see why yall would say INFJ, I go for INTJ. And no, not because he is a forensic scientist.

C) Was referring to INFJs in general.

Most would say intj. They both have Ni, are organized and secluded. I think Dex reacts to emotions of other people a lot (Fe trait) even though he says that he doesn't. I would also note that an intj serial killer would not marry and care for his step kids and wife the way dexter did. Not to say intj's are uncaring, i'm saying that intj serial killers would not bother with marriage.

As for everybody thinking everyone else is their temperament, what i should have said is that there is a lot of bias when typing someone. Of course, i do not think that George Bush is an infj. It was my mistake to speak in such generalizations.

Well, I see some of you would like a relationship kind of like the one Dexter and Lumen had . . . something that isn't a game, really, but is founded on something deeper and more sacred.

As to Dexter's MBTI type, I would have to say that he is either INTJ or INTP.