dealing with people you dislike...

toska

Community Member
Jan 3, 2009
MBTI
INFJ/ISTP
Enneagram
4w5
How do you interact with people you can't stand, but are forced to interact with for whatever reasons? I try to remain polite, but I guess I am noticeably cold and distant. If I dislike someone intensely, I just want to avoid them because I can't even think of anything to say to them and I don't want to get dragged into their drama. This was part of the reason why I recently got fired from a job. How do you deal with people you dislike?

^ i'm sorry you got fired from your job, and i can relate to not wanting to be in the presence of people whom you dislike. in a professional setting i can usually ignore how i feel about them personally and just try to get the job done as soon as possible. it's much more awkward in a more casual setting... in those situations i just bolt D:

in a professional setting i can usually ignore how i feel about them personally and just try to get the job done as soon as possible.

Me too. I tried to do that, but apparently it doesn't work on psycho extroverts who demand that everyone smile constantly and laugh hysterically at their dumb jokes ggrrrr

Me too. I tried to do that, but apparently it doesn't work on psycho extroverts who demand that everyone smile constantly and laugh hysterically at their dumb jokes ggrrrr

eeep i'm sorry you had to go through that! maybe you shouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate such people, and should just find a place more tolerant of your introverted tendencies