KazeCraven

Graduated from Typology : May 2011
Donor
Aug 9, 2009
MBTI
IEI
Enneagram
6w5 sp/sx
I've always been the type of person who gave a big "yes!" to having some sort of meaningful life's work. But I'm finding increasingly that the sorts of things I want to accomplish aren't things I'd likely get paid for, and the things I'd likely end up doing for money are quite frankly unimportant to me.

So, I wanted to know whether people here think of their career as separate from their finances, or if people feel like they have meaningful things to accomplish that aren't related to what they do for money.

The only way around all that these days is to become a self-proclaimed "consultant" doing your favorite stuff.

If I tell you I work at McDonald's and in warehouses around my local area, then you read my profile, you can already guess where I'm at in this whole process.

Our culture and economy have degraded so much that we are faced with horribly unsatisfying careers offered to the general public for a few years now and I'm hoping it's reaching its saturation point so that there is a U-turn somewhere in the near future and our society can get back to being a real society instead of a fake one that doesn't care about quality of life for the employed.