[INFJ] - Crop circles: jokers idea of a fun night or something else going on underneath? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Crop circles: jokers idea of a fun night or something else going on underneath?

HunterO

Community Member
Feb 11, 2014
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w 5 & 4
What do you INFJs think about crop circles?

Do you think they are random mathematical designs that some jokester duo decided to do in the middle of the night? OR do you think there is something else to them?

For instance:
Here are the facts (according to the internet anyway- so take it with a grain of salt)

1. Crop circles have been found and documented since the 1600s
2. Laboratory tests by multiple scientists discovered the crops emitted EMF radiation that is unusually high
3. The crops were not cut (as in the BBC footage with the jokester duo who took credit for making crop circles) but bent, and still growing. These crops and plants started growing in an anomalous manner; after the crops were cut and regrown with new crop, the shadows of the old crop circles remained, and the crops often grew 2 ft higher than other crops
4. Anecdotal information from people who were near the crop circle reported their electronic devices not working; also menopausal women who visited the crop circles suddenly had their menstrual cycles start again; birds would break formation when flying over the crop circles
5. Crop circles display knowledge of intricate Euclidian mathematics according to some scientists
6. Crop circles have been found all around the world, from Italy, Spain, the UK, the US, South Korea, Switzerland, Sweden etc.

http://www.bltresearch.com/otherfacts.php

Here is a crop circle found in 1993 that resembles the Higgs Boson Particle, found in 2012

crop-circle-010.jpg

pg-1-eureka-1-epa.jpg

What are your hypotheses of crop circles?

Reactions: muir
In my opinion, to many unknowns to reach any type of conclusion. sorry :m139:

Hypotheses are not conclusions.

Why don't you take a wild guess?

Hypotheses are not conclusions.

Why don't you take a wild guess?

because a wild guess could range from aliens to zombies, lol. I haven't read into it, however I will say I'm always very hesitant when someone starts saying its aliens. There's no real way to prove its aliens unless we can talk with the aliens that created them. Or at least actually meet some aliens. There are so many other possible explanations and I do follow the principle of Occam's razor. However, I also cannot say it's not aliens and therefore the possibility cannot be dismissed.

So therefore, you choose not to think about it. I see...

All the world's greatest discoveries and inventions began with a hypothesis. I suppose this is why INFJs excel in writing and literature, but not in science and technology.

So therefore, you choose not to think about it. I see...

All the world's greatest discoveries and inventions began with a hypothesis. I suppose this is why INFJs excel in writing and literature, but not in science and technology.

Believe me, I think about to many things already. Crop circles simply isn't one of them and I just don't have the time or inclination to look at this topic in depth to reach an understanding I would need to have a conclusion.

Do not make such an assumption so quickly when you've looked at but one facet of a person. To many variables to consider. I was a physics major, and I am now switching to psychology. Not for inability, but simply because it is not as enjoyable for me. If you want a scientific discussion, you need simply ask or one and that can be arranged. However right now, it would need to be one that I'm more versed in. Perhaps Big Bang Theory? Quantum mechanics (i'm more shaky here)? Any philosophy you got I'd be glad to discuss, but I suppose that's not in the realm of science. Medical sciences then? I enjoy those very much.

If you had no interest in the topic, I'm a little puzzled why you would answer?

Reactions: the
I especially enjoy relativity and black hole physics. Anything astronomy related. I was aiming for astrophysics before psychology

If you had no interest in the topic, I'm a little puzzled why you would answer?

Because no one has posted in this yet, so I figured it would be nice to respond. Also to point out the fact that there are a lot of unknowns in this subject.

I kindly ask you to stick to the subject. This thread is about crop circles, not about your particular interests :)

I kindly ask you to stick to the subject. This thread is about crop circles, not about your particular interests :)

I don't intend to change the topic of this discussion. I simply am trying to make it apparent that your earlier assumption was incorrect. INFJ's are very much capable of science. And effective as well. It depends on the person, not the type always. There's an exception to every rule, an outlier to every set. Such generalizations as yours can only result in error. I was simply trying to correct that and point to some possible avenues of discussion that might be more receptive from me if ever you wanted to make other threads. You can do with such information as you wish. I simply ask you not to make such flawed assumptions as to the intellectual capability of any one group of people towards any one subject area.

I think generally speaking, INFJs, have a style of argument and tendency to see only from their own perspective or past history to make leaps in intuition and logic as other types, who can more easily connect the dots and see patterns.

That is not to say INFJs are incapable of science, but that their particular thinking styles are more geared towards introspection, consensus and groupthink, and not to question and hypothesize and challenge the status quo. IMHO, INFJs make brilliant orators and writers but I am not certain if these qualities can be translated into other MBTI personalities that tend to be more investigative and analytical. Of course, I'm sure there are many exceptions to this general observation, but I have found it rather difficult to communicate with INFJs in general, that is not about relationships and feelings.

This is obviously something I am working on improving- being a better communicator with Feeler types. I appreciate your input. I apologise if I seemed dismissive.

I think generally speaking, INFJs, have a style of argument and tendency to see only from their own perspective or past history to make leaps in intuition and logic as other types, who can more easily connect the dots and see patterns.

That is not to say INFJs are incapable of science, but that their particular thinking styles are more geared towards introspection, consensus and groupthink, and not to question and hypothesize and challenge the status quo. IMHO, INFJs make brilliant orators and writers but I am not certain if these qualities can be translated into other MBTI personalities that tend to be more investigative and analytical. Of course, I'm sure there are many exceptions to this general observation, but I have found it rather difficult to communicate with INFJs in general, that is not about relationships and feelings.

This is obviously something I am working on improving- being a better communicator with Feeler types. I appreciate your input. I apologise if I seemed dismissive.

No hard feelings :)
There are plenty of people I expect will weigh in on this discussion. I bet [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] for one might have something interesting to say. I disagree with almost everything he says, but he is a reliable source if you want to find an alternative perspective. A few other people I find interesting to hear are Lark, Skarekrow, and Jimmers among many others. Not sure if any will weigh in (not even sure of which are listed as INFJ) but they are each interesting people to talk to among many many many others :)

lol

you have to love the interplay between INFJ's and ENTJ's! There is always this constant tension!

But it seems from listening to them that they have that same kind of outsider thing going on that INFJ's do.....like they both feel a little removed from the rest of humanity lol

I've kind of spoken about the two types in terms of the jedi and the sith because INFJ's tend to want to build systems based around the welfare of people whislt ENTJ's seem to have a will to power and the jedi/sith analogy seems to fit that

Of course that's a generalisation...i don't want to tar all people with the same brush, but it does seem to have some validity as a generalisation

They're like yin and yang.....but there is some yin in yang and there is some yang in yin.....light and dark intermingling and playing out in different ways

Anyway...crop circles

The official explanation for crop circles is that some jokers are going around making them for devilment using a tread board and some rope...so the rope is a handle tied to each end of the board and the person pushes the board down with their foot as they move around; that's how they've been explaining it on TV for years anyway

The thrive film has some interesting things to say about how our society is run (they also have a whole bunch of ideas for solutions to the worlds problems as well at the end); they talk about crop circles and seem to be leaning towards the alien explanation: http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Concerning levels of radiation and also the complexity of the circles they could be created through directed energy weapons.

This of course leaves out the need for aliens in an explanation. If the powers that be use a kind of pulse of energy directed either from a satellite or plane or bounced off the ionosphere then they could create the patterns on the crops

So why would they do that?

On one hand they could be showing off their technology to other powers around the world. They could be experimenting with the technology or it could be part of Project Bluebeam

Project Bluebeam is this idea that the global el-ite will use a fake alien invasion or presence to frighten the world into accepting theoir new world order. This would involved fake holographic projections onto the sky and the projection of sounds and voices directly into peoples brains (the technology exists to direct sound like that)

HAARP would be a technology worth looking into regarding this

I've always thought that if crop circles were aliens then it was a pretty daft way to communicate with us

Creepy talk by president reagan speaking to the UN about how the people of the world could be united by an outsied threat

[video=youtube;iQxzWpy7PKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQxzWpy7PKg[/video]

Hmmm yes... aliens communicating with humans through corn and grass all that way and they couldnt think of something a little more intuitive.

That or at least they have a sense of humor.

Hmmm yes... aliens communicating with humans through corn and grass all that way and they couldnt think of something a little more intuitive.

That or at least they have a sense of humor.

It's actually mostly an old in joke from Eris propagated through humans.

It's also probably one of the reasons the real aliens refuse to visit.

because a wild guess could range from aliens to zombies, lol. I haven't read into it, however I will say I'm always very hesitant when someone starts saying its aliens. There's no real way to prove its aliens unless we can talk with the aliens that created them. Or at least actually meet some aliens. There are so many other possible explanations and I do follow the principle of Occam's razor. However, I also cannot say it's not aliens and therefore the possibility cannot be dismissed.

many people have a missunderstanding of Occams razor

Many people think that it means that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one for any situation but Occams razor actually states that it is most likely the simplest explanation according to THE EVIDENCE AT HAND, which is to say that the simplest explanation must conform to the evidence or it is likely not correct

This is why it's dumb for some people to call other people 'conspiracy theorists' without first listening to all the evidence

Because when you look at all the evidence the simplest explanation really is that there is a cabal of people behind many of the worlds problems

many people have a missunderstanding of Occams razor

Many people think that it means that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one for any situation but Occams razor actually states that it is most likely the simplest explanation according to THE EVIDENCE AT HAND, which is to say that the simplest explanation must conform to the evidence or it is likely not correct

This is why it's dumb for some people to call other people 'conspiracy theorists' without first listening to all the evidence

Because when you look at all the evidence the simplest explanation really is that there is a cabal of people behind many of the worlds problems

what you call evidence, I call speculation. That has been well established