Conspiracy Theories | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy theories are those explanations that invoke counter-intuitive feelings. They don't 'sit' right with people, regardless of how true or untrue they may be.

I love those counter-intuitive explanations that are proven to be true. They fascinate me. Here is a famous example:

If given a lottery chance between 3 equally likely choices, that is, if a prize is awarded to one of 3 equally likely choices for you to pick from. After having made your choice, without revealing the result, one of the false choices is revealed (one of the other two nonchosen options is revealed) and you are given the option to change your pick to the other remaining choice, should you do so?

The answer to this problem is that yes, you should always change your pick.

I mention this because this problem confused and confounded many people including many with Ph.Ds and even professional staticians had been fooled by it.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Please elaborate.

Basically if I dont believe that lizard people have brainwashed me via my television to do XYZ, and on top of that also brainwashed me to believe that everything was business as usual; then I believe that suggests a conspiracy theory. Basically when someone can say "OF COURSE you dont believe me, thats what THEY want you to think" then I think its a conspiracy instead of truth.

Last edited: