Consensus on INFJ's? | INFJ Forum

Consensus on INFJ's?

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
I am curious if there is a general belief that INFJ's need to be "cured". I have not read a great deal about it. I only know that its seems more difficult for me to interact with people then it is for other people. I am amazed at reading some of the observations I have found here. Like feeling "drained" when in social situations. I always wondered why felt that way when other people clearly did not. So for me a "cure" would be something that allowed me to interact with people which in turn helped make my life easier.

Reactions: rawr
Perhaps many people aren't as insightful which is why they can breeze through situations much like a blinkered horse being led through a fire

The following video shows that more than half of the population will blindly follow authority figures:

[video=youtube;qO3R5JcbffM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO3R5JcbffM&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Now you tell me who needs 'cured'?

I think the 'cure' is to accept yourself and to not try to bend to them

Accept yourself and other like minded people will gravitate towards you

You're not designed to gel with everyone, neither do you have the time or energy to do so, so perhaps its better to gel with a few people who you are more compatible with?

P.S i like your avatar picture; i took a pee off the top of that mountain at the back....not out of any disrespect of course, rather more out of necessity. I was the only one in my group to climb it. If i had followed the crowd i wouldn't have had that bizarre and uplifting moment

Good point. Thanks for that insight.

Reactions: muir
What disease are we to be cured of? Mental well-being is not strictly standardized; happiness, for example, does not look the same for everyone. That people perceive and interpret reality differently, usually along similar mental geometries, is the essence of Jungian personality theory and the MBTI. Different strokes for different folks, as the conventional wisdom goes. Or, if you're into philosophy, the use and protection of individual freedom is the highest human calling, according to The Ethics of Ambiguity by Simone de Beauvoir. My experience of mass American culture indicates this view is neither well-liked nor encouraged.

Well, I think oftentimes introversion and feeling types are unfairly characterized as abnormal. Types that are not introverted or who do not prefer feeling functions as much will take the presence of those things to mean something is wrong.

Cure - I suppose what I meant by this is that there are things I do not have in my life that I see my personality potentially getting in the way of. As an example, I want a relationship based on love. I see it in movies, in other peoples relationships etc and I think I know its something that seems to be wonderful. At the same time I realize I may not be capable of it.

I see being and infj as potentially being a cause of this. But trying to get away from this may be like asking me to live my life not breathing.

I would have to say that I've always known and felt that I was different. As long as I love others with
A right heart and don't JUDGE AND REJECT MYSELF, I do ok. Others probably think more of you than you
Think. It takes the right person and people to see your uniqueness and value, but see yourself that way first.
And remember, not everyone will get you. It's ok, learn to be comfortable in your own skin. I am a life long
Learner of this too.

I am curious if there is a general belief that INFJ's need to be "cured". I have not read a great deal about it. I only know that its seems more difficult for me to interact with people then it is for other people. I am amazed at reading some of the observations I have found here. Like feeling "drained" when in social situations. I always wondered why felt that way when other people clearly did not. So for me a "cure" would be something that allowed me to interact with people which in turn helped make my life easier.

Feeling drained when your in social situations is something that all introverts share so it's not really just an INFJ thing. INTJs as well as the rest of the personality types that are introverted feel this way, but the feeling of needing to being to be "cured" is something different. All types can feel this way, but maybe more INFJ's feel the need to be cured because of social pressures. Being on the outside of the crowd doesn't feel great, but it's something that we just have to learn to deal with.

I tested into the INFJ personality type my first semester of college and it's amazed me ever since. But I have never felt that I needed to be cured. I'm completely ok not going out or hanging out all the time with the few friends that I have.

I just accept that many people think I'm crazy. Or weird. Or nice. Or rude.