MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm new to personality types and INFJ
I've retaken the tests about 6 or 7 times
I answer the questions I'm not 100 % about both ways
to see what difference it makes.
I can't seem to get away from being INFJ

My problem is I don't see myself as a wilting flower.
Maybe I have developed a strong exterior.
Not sure, but it bothers me the way we are cast as weak.
I take things to heart. They bother me.
I generally am concerned and animals have a special place.
But I see everyone suffering who they are.
Not sure how else to say that. But I'm not looking to run out in the street
and give money to every guy begging for it.
Not looking to save you from yourself.
I might be a humanitarian and consider the world, people and how lost it all is
But don't cast me as someone that loses sleep over your stupid
self inflicted destructive decisions. I'm not losing sleep over that.

Anyone else share these thoughts?

Reactions: just me
You are hardly alone, welcome to the club.

Imo, type isn't so much about something you do as something you simply are. I would ignore the descriptions and such of personality types commonly found online, they are invariably stereotypes. People come in many flavors and appeal to different crowds, like ice cream. Enjoy them at your leisure and remember that you too will melt one day.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

dont worry bro i have the same problem. Being and INFJ doesnt mean to be a pussie at all. I myself feel a bit different from the majority of other INFJs for this same reason.

Reactions: just me
Being an INFJ does NOT mean you are a wilting flower, quite the contrary actually. Being an INFJ does involve going through a lot of hardship and we are generally emotional and empathetic people but that does not mean weak. While there are aspects that are hard to deal with there are also so many positive aspects I would never trade for anything. INFJ's are naturally fixated on the idea of growth and self improvement, I use this to make sure I am constantly working to make myself the best person I can be. And while self expression can be difficult for an INFJ we have the ability to see beauty in the world that others cannot imagine, I feel lucky to naturally have the kind of worldly insight.

You are who you choose to be, rather than being afraid of the negative aspects of your personality embrace the many positive aspects and work on the weaknesses.

Hope this helps,

-Charlie

I've come back a few times to reflect on all your feedback. I think I understand differently now. I appreciate the thoughts. I don't see INFJ s as wilting flowers. Certainly not the one I have recently met.
It was a lack of understanding with all the emphasis on being emotional I got a little guarded. But emotional in that everything I am is intense and with purpose. Yeah, then I guess so.

In what you perceive a weakness from others' viewpoints may possibly be where you find your strength. Profiling can be rather vague when dealing with everyone. My abilities would let nobody profile me a wuss. So I have a big heart.