Compatibility with people where you live | INFJ Forum

Compatibility with people where you live

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Gaze, Aug 29, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Gaze
  1. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Got to thinking about how connected, compatible, or relatable we feel with people in our area, community, city, region, town, etc.

Sometimes, i feel a big disconnect, mainly cultural and sometimes personal, with the people who live in my area, etc. There's a feeling of difference i can't articulate. There's no connection, etc. There's the sense of always having to try a bit too hard to feel somewhat at ease. Not that i don't interact or have good relationships with people, but there's a definite disconnect with the culture of the cities/towns where I live.

So, do you feel a sense of compatibility with people where you live? If yes, how? If not, why do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Gaze, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  2. KazeCraven

KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    I feel disconnected from everyone really, but I've decided that it's inherent in my personality and has nothing to do with people "around here."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Not that everyone needs to be compatible with everyone else in the town or city they live in, but it helps to have people similar enough to you so that you feel at least somewhat compatible so that if you interact with them, you feel fairly normal. Even when i try to blend in, still feels like i stick out like a sore thumb :D

4. Ethereal

Ethereal Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Ditto!

5. Meridian

Meridian Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I definitely feel disconnected from the community I live in. I think part of it may be that most ppl around here are nosy, loud, obnoxious, rude and have no sense of class. Nearly all the boys (99%) have silly haircuts and tacky jewellery and loud-engined cars... The girls wander around aimlessly, trying to get their