Clance Impostor Phenomenon Test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Clance Impostor Phenomenon Test

Got a 31

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/imposters

I guess this stuff happens if connotations defeat denotations. Which is fun, as long as self-doubters don't mind being called phonies.

Surely I missed something......!

high score, low confidence

The impostor phenomenon is when a person feels like an impostor. Because they feel like they're not actually as good as their position or achievements would indicate.

Got a 31

The impostor phenomenon is when a person feels like an impostor. Because they feel like they're not actually as good as their position or achievements would indicate.
:sofa:

I am, no, I feel 95% like an impostor. Except that impostor isn't quite the right word.

It sounds fun to ask people why they aren't [something].

Reactions: Free and Tin Man
:sofa:

I am, no, I feel 95% like an impostor. Except that impostor isn't quite the right word.

It sounds fun to ask people why they aren't [something].

Yeah, a lot of people feel this. And often times people who feel like impostors actually are not. I know of a programmer who almost quit a very good project because of this. He became very depressed because he felt like he was fooling people and that everyone would eventually find out that he's a fraud. Except he's not a fraud, he's a very competent developer. He just doesn't realize that humans aren't perfect.

Got a 31

Imposter! You did not really do that well at this test!

Reactions: Tin Man and Lurk
First off, I thought this test was going to be a lot more interesting. The Clance Impostor Phenomenon? Sounds more like a tool for testing replicants or pod people.

As for my results. Got an 80
Not surprising. I'm constantly seeing myself as incompetent, and less able than others. Even when I'm told the complete opposite. It's something I'm aware of, which is good. So I try to be more objective when those feelings arise.

Yeah, a lot of people feel this. And often times people who feel like impostors actually are not. I know of a programmer who almost quit a very good project because of this. He became very depressed because he felt like he was fooling people and that everyone would eventually find out that he's a fraud. Except he's not a fraud, he's a very competent developer. He just doesn't realize that humans aren't perfect.

Hm, yes I've felt very similar to this. I think perfectionism is a part of it. Thinking you must be flawless in order for people to respect your work. And that can often lead to oppressive thoughts, setting yourself up to fail, or just not trying at all.