Clance Impostor Phenomenon Test | INFJ Forum

Clance Impostor Phenomenon Test

Your Score: 36
Explanation
The Impostor Test was developed to help individuals determine whether or not they have Impostor characteristics and, if so, to what extent they are suffering

59. Which seems a bit higher than I would have expected. Hmm.

Reactions: Free, Stu and James
Your Score: 36
Explanation
The Impostor Test was developed to help individuals determine whether or not they have Impostor characteristics and, if so, to what extent they are suffering
Thank you.

I answered the questions according to how it feels in the moment. But honestly, when I think about it, it's irrational to feel this way. I know a lot, it's just without credentials or proof.

The real question is: how does it affect someone if they have a high score?

Thank you.

I answered the questions according to how it feels in the moment. But honestly, when I think about it, it's irrational to feel this way. I know a lot, it's just without credentials or proof.

The real question is: how does it affect someone if they have a high score?
Why did you reply to my post regarding this? Not that I mind that you did...just curious.

Reactions: Ginny and James
I think as your post came after hers and the word, explanation was in bold. She thought that was intended to reply to her.
@Eventhorizon What he said. Though perhaps not specifically to me. Same as the question was not specifically for you but generally posted.

59. Which seems a bit higher than I would have expected. Hmm.

For me, I know I'm insecure over my lack of formal qualifications. I only have some work things I did, which are only particular to that field.

My guess is you're probably high scoring on the intuitive part. Infj can often do things, or know things, but can't explain why. Because we don't fully understand it ourselves.

My guess is you're probably high scoring on the intuitive part. Infj can often do things, or know things, but can't explain why. Because we don't fully understand it ourselves.

8762c1a5e94168740fd7d496f7d4d742.gif

AnimatedAnimatedAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

47 moderate.

As a note, Im not overly concerned about not being able to do something or someone thinking I cant because I know what I can do and what I cant. I know what I can learn to do and what I likely cant because I dont care to. Ill probably never put myself in a position where I am expected to do something that I cant. Though in all seriousness theres very little I cant do. Generally what I cant do though are things I have no interest in doing, such as remembering celebrity couplings.
I answered tentatively on the question on how do you feel about people giving you praise because I dont like for people to make a big deal about me or put me in the spotlight. I think in context of the test though I should probably have answered that differently.

I got a 56. In the past I'd score much higher I'm sure but as I've gotten older I tell myself these days it may actually be possible that I'm truly one of the more competent people in the room (not this one!) just due to experience and the rest that comes with age/wisdom. I can't lose my experience or age lol. TBH I thought everyone felt like this to some extent. Didn't realize it was some sort of phenomenon.

I got 49, but I don't really agree with this, I don't think I have problems with this. (It was an interesting test though.)
I think this is great for you. Really. I would have pegged you at like 89 or something. Great job. I am really proud of you.

(redirected from imposters)

One who engages in deception under an assumed name or identity.

a person who deceives others, esp by assuming a false identity; charlatan

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/imposters

I guess this stuff happens if connotations defeat denotations. Which is fun, as long as self-doubters don't mind being called phonies.

Surely I missed something......!

high score, low confidence

Reactions: Free
Oh, let me clarify: I'm genuinely surprised/confused, so not being impolite or rude!

Reactions: Free