Christians: Being Faithful vs. Being Honest | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Christians: Being Faithful vs. Being Honest

Job answered the Lord after much in this manner:
42 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Religion is a word used to denote a certain type of worship and beliefs.

Being faithful, to me, is following God's Word to the best possible means. Being faithful is only a part of Christianity.

Beware of false teachers and teachings. If something is a lie, it is up to us to prove it right or wrong before following it. Being truthful is merely being truthful. "Having eyes to see, they cannot see" was used to speak of those that cannot discern the truth from falsehood. Maybe it can mean much more, but we are told many will never know the Truth. Jesus said He was the Way, the Truth, and the Light. Do not mistake absolute truth with telling the truth.

Do not allow me to briefly end this without stating we are to be faithful, yes; we are told the different things that are important for us to do and to accept or not accept in this world. It is in the Holy Scriptures: the Bible. Each individual church is accountable for what they preach and teach, as are the preachers and teachers. If a person is found wanting in their understanding, let them ask that they will receive. Understanding can be costly of one's time. If your time is more important to you than to spend it learning, you most likely already have your own answers. The answers are there, though, if we give studying the Word and following His calling our time.

Who is He that aligns our solar system so we can see such marvelous sights in the Heavens? Matthew 6:33, But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Why would anyone want to hinder someone?

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
You answer to God, yes (duh!) you also answer to everyone else. You don't really get to choose if you want to answer to the rest of humanity. In fact the more you pull away the guiltier you look! Introvert? Live alone? Where were you on the night of the murder? Minding your own business... by your self? Guilty af. And everyone else gets to judge you too. Get over it, it's gonna happen and probably already has. Deal with it. "Only God can judge me" ? Ha laughable, you've already been judged near-immediately after saying or writing or (re)posting that stupid phrase. Humanity is here, we're queer, and we are gonna judge the shit out of you.

You answer to God, yes (duh!) you also answer to everyone else. You don't really get to choose if you want to answer to the rest of humanity. In fact the more you pull away the guiltier you look! Introvert? Live alone? Where were you on the night of the murder? Minding your own business... by your self? Guilty af. And everyone else gets to judge you too. Get over it, it's gonna happen and probably already has. Deal with it. "Only God can judge me" ? Ha laughable, you've already been judged near-immediately after saying or writing or (re)posting that stupid phrase. Humanity is here, we're queer, and we are gonna judge the shit out of you.
Amen!
tenor.gif

Reactions: seira0807 and the
I'm a Christian living in North America - protestant. I grew up in a culturally Christian family so-to-speak, but I had to make the decision on my own whether I wanted to follow/get to know God better personally.

My father grew up in a Christian family in Vietnam (from what I understand from my grandma, my great grandfather was a respected Confucian scholar in a small village who, after reading and studying the Bible, decided that he believed what was written inside, and then vowed to lead his family by example); my mother grew up in a culturally Buddhist family that wasn't that religious, and she converted to Christianity after leaving Vietnam as a refugee, and met my father later on at a Vietnamese/"ethnic"/protestant church before getting married and then moving to Canada together. My mom told me that she had Catholic friends growing up in school, and had always been curious about what happened in the pretty-looking churches that she biked past occasionally growing up.

As for being honest versus being faithful ... I guess this is a question of sincerity/our own experiences trying to live as a Christian authentically in this imperfect world that we live in? For me, I feel like I grew up in a bit of a Christian bubble - not as intensely as some of my friends who only attended Christian schools growing up, but most of my inner social circle/the friends that I really opened up to were Christians (of course they were different than me in many aspects, but we usually had this in common). In university, we didn't serve alcohol at our Christian bible study parties (but we did have DJ at one point haha ... I don't have anything against drinking alcohol by the way, just in moderation. I like a restorative glass of wine now and then). Some of my friends can be pretty judgemental, but I don't think that it is because they are Christian so much as it is how they grew up/what they were exposed to/used to as "normal" and "comfortable".

I think that there are good people who aren't "officially" Christians, but that everyone has an innate desire to worship someone greater than themselves. I think that everyone looks for God in one way or another, and that they usually fall short/are confronted many times with the decision to accept God as the one who created them/who really understands/cares for/knows all about them in the most deepest sense.

.... and I have a flight to catch later today, and kind of stressed about it brb