Change | INFJ Forum

Change

#@&5&49

Mar 4, 2012
MBTI
Inf?
Changes in our lives - how do you prefer them?

Unexpected with no fore warning.
A few at a time or big sweeping changes.
Planned with lots of room to know what to expect.
Depends on the situation, circumstances, and people involved.

How do you prefer change to happen in your life? Does it matter how change happens? Do you think we have any control over how changes in our lives happen? Is it always about growth? Know any euphemisms for change?

Last edited:
Some changes happen that are out of our control. Some we chose to make. No matter how the change comes about, it takes time to happen completely.

I will say this about change. We have a light switch in our bathroom, that has two switches, a top and a bottom one. For years the top one turn on the light. But recently my husband had to fix that switch. so he asked do you mind if I make the bottom one the light switch? I said sure, no problem. It has been a problem. It has been two months now, and I am only getting the light on with my first try 60 % of the time. Even a change like that, takes time and effort.

Reactions: #@&5&49
I like changes to have some preparation (to know they are coming, know what they will be, etc.) but when they happen I like it to be all at once (not a bit here and a bit more later.)

I don't like change.
I can and do adapt, but only after overcoming some degree of anxiety and establishing some familiarity.
I prefer to be prepared for change and plan ahead.. and anticipate everything that could arise as consequence.
It takes me forever to make decisions because I have to mull everything over.

Even positive change bothers me. For instance, I just started a new job and I've been a nervous wreck all week--despite being very happy with the opportunity, that is, there are some things I couldn't really prepare for.
So many things to adjust to.

I like to illusion myself with control.. but I don't think we ever have full control of change.
It's more of an adjustment process and I guess we can only choose how we will react to new situations.

Unexpected with no fore warning.
NOT AT ALL. If it is, it's better be GOOD.
A few at a time or big sweeping changes.
The better it is, the better I'll receive it...but it depends on my mental state. Sometimes even good ones can be received badly, because I'm not ready.
Planned with lots of room to know what to expect.
Preferably this, so far.
Depends on the situation, circumstances, and people involved.
Of course. o_O;
How do you prefer change to happen in your life?
Does it matter how change happens?
Do you think we have any control over how changes in our lives happen?
I prefer it to be supportive; even more preferably, for it to feel good and comfortable, but that'd be too much. It's quite complicated; at one point I want them to be solvable with the minimum effort, energy spent; but at the same time I want them to give as much lessons as possible; as much growth as possible. And those tend NOT to be... comfortable, to say the very least.
It matters. The catalyst, the implications, the everything.
We have a sort of control; how much will we do, how much will we learn.. but as per how they happen... well, if you WANT to look at it; yes, we have. But that's veering to conspiracy theorizing at times (if I just don't eat that apple pie, maybe his job won't fail and he won't get fired and la la laa)

"Planned with lots of room to know what to expect."

That's the best.

But I realize that the major changes in life don't occur with our permission. I find myself at times compelled to make drastic changes in life's direction, and these, I think, are practically inevitable.

Way I figure I'm at the weather-worn and steadfast center, regardless of the who, the what, the when, the why, or the how.

Come what may.

Definitely prefer planned change. If I know one is coming I can prepare myself for it. Or dupe myself into thinking I am prepared, at least.

Preferably no change at all. But y'know, that's pretty unavoidable. Change, the ever present constant in life....argh.

"When you are clear on what you want, write your declaration on a piece of paper.... Set aside a period of time every day to be silent with your wishes for change..." (Ready for Change).

I guess people need to be ready for change, but before the real change happens, we have to write down what we want.

So here it is:
I want to take charge of my social time and personal time. :)

[video=youtube;cpRte96sNRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpRte96sNRM&feature=related[/video]

As fast, exciting, and rocky as possible.

Hopefully with little psychological injury in its wake though.

How can you have excitement or learn from experience in life without changes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vict
I like to have planned the changes that occur.
I get really upset when unexpected changes happen.

It depends on what's changing.

For the transitory changes, planned.
For the lasting changes, ambushed.
For all changes, clear eyes to tell the difference.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

I either work best with one extreme or the other- being thrown into the fire- I work very hard to get back on my feet and take care of myself. The other is having lots of time to prepare.

For some reason change is interwoven in my fabric. I see it everywhere. I literally can't not see it. All of it's stages, fear, acceptance, etc. I guess I have had to deal with so much of it in my life starting from a very early age that it's second nature to me. There are some changes that I liked planned out, some I'm ready for, some take me by surprise, and well, others I may not even recognize when they are happening but I realize them years later and how much they were needed. It's part of being alive. Nothing stays the same - ever. We blink our eyes and the world around us changes.