Casual curiosity about tag ranks... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Casual curiosity about tag ranks...

dammit Misty, you gotta call attention to it? I'll get my INTJ card pulled for that shit.

:smirk:
:smilingimp:

I did you a favor then. It's a worthless hunk of junk anyway. Now you have more room in your wallet.

Well, you're not likely to impress an INTJ science geek with any of that...unless they managed to see it for themselves.

We're not wired like that; we don't get it, at all.

I dated an INFJ for 3 years. It left me with the impression that you guys are just as bright, intuitive, and on top of your game as any INTJ is. I've seen it in action; you really do pick up on things I'm completely oblivious to.

For the science geeks who don't get it, it goes like this: for one, humans are inherently emotional creatures; having a different approach to emotionalism doesn't rule that out, and having a poor relationship with them could be argued as being defective. Not to mention that being oblivious to such a pertinent realm of our existence is by no means empowering.

A personal take: Life is a waveform. The electro-chemical model of life that enjoys popularity works well for "chemical life", where processes are linear and do indeed boil down to roughly electro-chemistry. Biological life transcends linear complexity by essentially existing as quantum computers. All life is waveform; we're a modulation of energy, our own type of energy...it's how and why we communicate with plants, each other. INFJs' pick up on life's energy better than most. They're not picking up on abstract concepts, they're being impacted by the very nature of what we are.
I'm not wired for science. I'm wired to create. But I do think that we pick up a radio signal that others are simply oblivious to. However, to me it's a gift from the divine; a gift bestowed on those who will need it during their lives - either to protect others or themselves..

Or more likely, both.

The problem with people these days is that they can't commit to true curiosity and stick to a stable long term interest

:smilingimp:

I did you a favor then. It's a worthless hunk of junk anyway. Now you have more room in your wallet.
=)
I was just kidding...teasing the INTJ propensity to hate being in the wrong.

It's unfortunate the distinction between being right and being accurate is not always as subtle as it's meant to be... we humans are a crafty bunch! I find investing in the latter works wonders for the former.

I'm not wired for science. I'm wired to create. But I do think that we pick up a radio signal that others are simply oblivious to. However, to me it's a gift from the divine; a gift bestowed on those who will need it during their lives - either to protect others or themselves..

Or more likely, both.
Physics is my world! -love that stuff. We seem to have a different take on how that goes down, but I don't disagree with the sentiments. They're nice to see.

The problem with people these days is that they can't commit to true curiosity and stick to a stable long term interest
Enculturation? World doesn't exactly cater to all that. Might be a factor.

=)
I was just kidding...teasing the INTJ propensity to hate being in the wrong.

It's unfortunate the distinction between being right and being accurate is not always as subtle as it's meant to be... we humans are a crafty bunch! I find investing in the latter works wonders for the former.

Physics is my world! -love that stuff. We seem to have a different take on how that goes down, but I don't disagree with the sentiments. They're nice to see.

Enculturation? World doesn't exactly cater to all that. Might be a factor.
I know, I was also joking lol.

Physics. Good grief. I was an honor student in college until I hit math that was harder than algebra. I couldn't do physics if my life depended on it. But luckily for you there are quite a few here who are also adept in such things and enjoy physics and science in general, so you'll find many to discuss these things with.

That's probably true about the world. Good thing I'm an alien infj then. ^.^

I know, I was also joking lol.

Physics. Good grief. I was an honor student in college until I hit math that was harder than algebra. I couldn't do physics if my life depended on it. But luckily for you there are quite a few here who are also adept in such things and enjoy physics and science in general, so you'll find many to discuss these things with.

That's probably true about the world. Good thing I'm an alien infj then. ^.^
That would kinda imply you're not the alien, the world we built is.

Physics? -yea, I don't know. I come from a somewhat unique school of thought on the structure of the universe. Which means sharing my thoughts amounts to challenging others. I'd be initiating a debate (at best). Meh.

If you want to hear about positive INTJ \ INFJ relationships you might ask sir @John K about that.
I never use tags, either on my own stuff or in forum searches, because I've never needed to so far. Should probably try them out sometime - I use them all the time in my photo database in Lightroom.

But the INTJ / INFJ partnership is a good one potentially. I think the differences are rather amplified in the context of the forum, though they are definitely there of course. The shared dominant Ni is the crucial thing that is the core of the relationship - or should I be honest and say that ours is founded on shared Inferior Se :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: - neither of us is all that much aware of what's going on around us. The F functions are very important in how the dynamics play out - I actually don't think T is anything like as significant for our relationship. I tend to be the one who relates to other people outside our family more easily while she doesn't care less what they think about her. On the other hand her INTJ loyalty is out of this world, whether to the favoured few people, or to an idea or principle. Watching my wife's lifetime commitment to the rehabilitation of King Richard III is pretty typical of what I mean - there won't be anyone in the world who knows and understands more about him, or is more personally committed to him. I see this in other INTJs too - they are driven by their Fi to the most amazing loyalty of commitment and they use it to direct where their intuition and thinking processes are focused.

It depends what you need in a relationship - we complement each other well, but this is because we both craved a life of being 'by ourselves in company'. The differences are maybe less for us than for others because my Ti is pretty strong, so we don't trip up by living in completely separate judging universes like can happen between INFJs and INTJs. It's not the sort of relationship that easily makes for a wide circle of friends if that's what you need.

I'd add that type is only part of the story though. For example, like a few people (of diverse types) here in the forum, my wife has long term psychological problems, and these can distort the way our type presents itself to the world around us.

I never use tags, either on my own stuff or in forum searches, because I've never needed to so far. Should probably try them out sometime - I use them all the time in my photo database in Lightroom.

But the INTJ / INFJ partnership is a good one potentially. I think the differences are rather amplified in the context of the forum, though they are definitely there of course. The shared dominant Ni is the crucial thing that is the core of the relationship - or should I be honest and say that ours is founded on shared Inferior Se :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: - neither of us is all that much aware of what's going on around us. The F functions are very important in how the dynamics play out - I actually don't think T is anything like as significant for our relationship. I tend to be the one who relates to other people outside our family more easily while she doesn't care less what they think about her. On the other hand her INTJ loyalty is out of this world, whether to the favoured few people, or to an idea or principle. Watching my wife's lifetime commitment to the rehabilitation of King Richard III is pretty typical of what I mean - there won't be anyone in the world who knows and understands more about him, or is more personally committed to him. I see this in other INTJs too - they are driven by their Fi to the most amazing loyalty of commitment and they use it to direct where their intuition and thinking processes are focused.

It depends what you need in a relationship - we complement each other well, but this is because we both craved a life of being 'by ourselves in company'. The differences are maybe less for us than for others because my Ti is pretty strong, so we don't trip up by living in completely separate judging universes like can happen between INFJs and INTJs. It's not the sort of relationship that easily makes for a wide circle of friends if that's what you need.

I'd add that type is only part of the story though. For example, like a few people (of diverse types) here in the forum, my wife has long term psychological problems, and these can distort the way our type presents itself to the world around us.
Haha, the Se part! Didn't see something so simple as that coming. :yum: I was waiting for some profound reason, but I see sometimes the simple reason is the best reason. ^.^ I do agree about the psychological \ trauma aspect. I have ptsd and anxiety, an ENTJ mom, and an 8 in my tritype so I can often come across as a TJ, especially when defending myself or someone else. Your spot on here, John. In that respect type doesn't really matter much. Do you think this is also partly because when we are triggered we are essentially stuck in shadow mode?

Do you think this is also partly because when we are triggered we are essentially stuck in shadow mode?
I do - the stress lines of the Enneagram are another way of seeing it too. Thinking it through a bit more, we probably tend to flip a lot unpredictably between different character attitudes according to our mental state when we are psychologically unwell and that can be very confusing for others because it can be hard to guess how we will react to things.

I do - the stress lines of the Enneagram are another way of seeing it too. Thinking it through a bit more, we probably tend to flip a lot unpredictably between different character attitudes according to our mental state when we are psychologically unwell and that can be very confusing for others because it can be hard to guess how we will react to things.
Indeed.. Can imagine that people would get an utterly different result, especially on an enneagram exam post counseling for trauma. Would be fascinating to see someone do a study on such a phenomenon.

Reactions: Ginny and John K
But the INTJ / INFJ partnership is a good one potentially.
Potentially. Seems to me INTJs have the greatest variability of all types when it comes to things like relationship to emotionalism, sexuality, and all the really important stuff concerning a relationship -particularly one with an INFJ. An INTJ more on the romantic end of things would be a more fulfilling choice. I can see the other end of the spectrum failing at providing the depth of intimacy you guys strive for.

Potentially. Seems to me INTJs have the greatest variability of all types when it comes to things like relationship to emotionalism, sexuality, and all the really important stuff concerning a relationship -particularly one with an INFJ. An INTJ more on the romantic end of things would be a more fulfilling choice. I can see the other end of the spectrum failing at providing the depth of intimacy you guys strive for.
The greatest risks are weirdly divergent. There is the obvious problem that INFJs are conflict avoidant whilst many INTJs are pretty comfortable and very competent with it. This can make the INFJ continually stressed in some relationships, whilst the INTJ can feel they can’t express part of their core self.

More subtle is that some INTJs are perhaps the most romantic of all the types in a secret, inward looking way, but find it hard to express this onto a real person without idealising it in grand moral terms. INFJs want a soulmate - a blending of spirit - and that too is projected onto real people as a near impossible ideal. One of the critical needs in a relationship between the two types is reconciling these conflicting perspectives in a pragmatic, real world way. It’s challenging because both types can smell inauthenticity from light years away. :sweatsmile:

The process of coming to terms with such differences are part of what makes us grow as people over our life’s journey I guess - every relationship between different types will have its own parallel challenges of some sort.

Reactions: Ginny and Wyote
The greatest risks are weirdly divergent. There is the obvious problem that INFJs are conflict avoidant whilst many INTJs are pretty comfortable and very competent with it. This can make the INFJ continually stressed in some relationships, whilst the INTJ can feel they can’t express part of their core self.
Actually, that's a great way to stress an INTJ out! I recall that coming up with an INFJ I was with for a while. Something would come up and the only thing my INTJ self wanted to to was "fix it", of course. Yea no, not when she would basically disappear for a while. -being held in stasis like that: ug.

The truth is we can't share the entirety of our beings with the other. Most of it, yea, but we're built too differently for all of it.

Having said all that, i don't think romance gets better than INFJ+INTJ when done right. INFJs are the only type I actively seek when dating.

Reactions: John K