Can you love someone you've never met? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can you love someone you've never met?

This got all deep n shit...

Short answer: Yes.

But I have a broader view of love than most do. Having experienced some of the greatest love there is i know there are varying levels of love...

I love many things.

I can love a specter of history...

I can love a fictional character...and from my own perspective of writing a book, I can say that I love each of the characters I have created. They are mine, and I love them deeply.

If love is an idealization, which it is, then it is completely possible to love someone that you have never met. I've felt strong connections to Einstein and Socrates, both of whom I have never met.

Obviously though, loving someone who is dead doesn't do much.

If love is an idealization, which it is, then it is completely possible to love someone that you have never met. I've felt strong connections to Einstein and Socrates, both of whom I have never met.

Obviously though, loving someone who is dead doesn't do much.

but you can still love everything they stood for, and what their lives meant to the world.

Yes, I can. And I did it with my husband, not with a historical figure. With historical or fictional figures you can never be sure, there is no interaction, so you fall in love with your idea about them. With a living person you have never met but you interact with - oh, yes, you can! :)

Though this may not relate to your historic and/or fictional figure vibe, I must say that I have fell in love with a great many people over the internet, be they women, men, or disguised demons.

I have never met any of them, and yet I have loved some of them more than anyone I've ever met in person.

I think there is something to be said for an interaction between minds and minds alone, it breeds a much better understanding for those of us who find direct contact and all those little fine points like body language dreadfully impossible.