[INFJ] - can you know how ?! | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] can you know how ?!

Elaf

Community Member
Dec 12, 2012
MBTI
corrupted !
Hello guys , how are you :m057:
i'm new here and thank you very much , i've been surfing this site for a while and i've been reading your threads and wow guys you are so peaceful and so respectful and so soo polite , i felt so pure and happy and that's why i joined you .. thank you again =)

my question is : how can you be sure you are an INFJ ? i did so many tests and most of them showed that i was an INFJ but when i read about this type it didn't match me 100% , i'm lost and i need to know your answers

so , can you know how :m083: ?

Learn the functions and then imagine how those functions (in the functional stack of a certain type) can explain their behavior. (Ask yourself, what the functions do to a person their consciousness and subconsciousness and try to understand that so well that you know where their thoughts come from and why they came from there) Then start typing dozens of people to strengthen your Typology skills. After that, you will just know.

The MBTI type descriptions are mere examples of what the functions of their functional stack can result in. Detach yourself completely from the MBTI theory and move on to understanding the Jungian functions (which rationalizes MBTI). It's also occurring that a person is an MBTI type INTP but actually have other functions, in that case their functions work in a manner where they extrovert/show similar traits as the INTP but their thoughts have came from a whole different functional stack/origin: So can it be that one's third function is further developed than their 2nd function which may be extremely underdeveloped which results in an MBTI personality type which they actually aren't (As they could develop their 2nd function and then become the MBTI type of their true functional stack).. and that contradicts the theory as you can't change your personality type: Thus.. Detach yourself from such confusion and learn the Jungian Functions (which reveals a person's true colors). You can then still use MBTI as an example, but don't take it further than that. (So, don't take personality tests as they may cause nothing but confusion)

-Jah

Last edited:
i'm new here and thank you very much , i've been surfing this site for a while and i've been reading your threads and wow guys you are so peaceful and so respectful and so soo polite , i felt so pure and happy and that's why i joined you .. thank you again =)

my question is : how can you be sure you are an INFJ ? i did so many tests and most of them showed that i was an INFJ but when i read about this type it didn't match me 100% , i'm lost and i need to know your answers

Real quick, while I think about an answer, you stated that "most of them showed" what other type do you get sometimes?

[MENTION=6689]Jah[/MENTION] , i'll try ^_^
[MENTION=3583]Vanixaria[/MENTION] , i just was reading your reply to some thread =P , they gave me INTJ and ISFJ =/

[MENTION=6689]Jah[/MENTION] , i'll try ^_^
[MENTION=3583]Vanixaria[/MENTION] , i just was reading your reply to some thread =P , they gave me INTJ and ISFJ =/

Well, I guess the way I know that I'm INFJ is nothing else fits my personality. I've taken the test both through a psychologist and online and there is never a deviation from this assessment. The first time I ever read the description, I was a bit unnerved because INFJs make up so little of the world population and it made me feel instantly lonely. The rest of the time, it's an epic moment and my little traits all makes sense. Maybe there are some out there that ride the line of a couple of different personality types and you could very well be that person. I know some who have a completely different type in some cases (though the E or I seem immovable) like when he or she is depressed vs. happy. All in all, the myers-briggs test is simply a classification and we all have more depth to us than to be simply classified. Honestly, I've used my little letters as an excuse for being eccentric :p . It's interesting that your middle letters, which are the assessments of how you gather information and make decisions, seem to change. You might want to study more on these aspects.

if you constantly experience doubt that you are an infj, then you are an infj.

[MENTION=3583]Vanixaria[/MENTION] yeah you are totally right girl =) , i'll keep looking [MENTION=731]UBERROGO[/MENTION] thank you , it's kinda revealing

i know some infjs who are not sure about their results also , and that's why i've posted this

[MENTION=731]UBERROGO[/MENTION] done! :m177:

any other thoughts guys ?!

Last edited:
Your age will play a factor in how you see yourself and whatnot too. If you are late teens, early 20's you are in a huge stage of change---deciding what type of person you want to be and how you will live your life. It can be difficult to muddle through that, let alone feel 100% sure of your personality type. Learning about the different functions would be vital. I find that it is best to figure out if you are a T or F and if you are a S or N. Figuring out those two is the most important IMO. Also, remember that the MBTI is something that is self-reported--no test is really 100% accurate. It takes the individual to understand the concepts and then determine if they follow the cognitive functions of a certain type.

if you constantly experience doubt that you are an infj, then you are an infj.

Shouldn't it be that if you doubt the institution of MBTI assessments that confirm INFJ tendencies, or am I the only one that ends to over-analyze myself back to my starting point?

Shouldn't it be that if you doubt the institution of MBTI assessments that confirm INFJ tendencies, or am I the only one that ends to over-analyze myself back to my starting point?

I can only speak to what I've witnessed on this board. Experiences may vary.

Reactions: Vanixaria
could :
* loving nature & animals
* thinking alot
* desiring to make a change
* multiple talents and skills
* good intentions
* good behavior
* believing
* sadness
* living in a f****** fantasy ideal world
* living in the future
* loving to learn and explore

rolled up in one INFJ ?!

could :
* loving nature & animals
* thinking alot
* desiring to make a change
* multiple talents and skills
* good intentions
* good behavior
* believing
* sadness
* living in a f****** fantasy ideal world
* living in the future
* loving to learn and explore

rolled up in one INFJ ?!

That sounds extremely NF. But I think stereotypes can only take you so far.

A lot of people struggle with that last letter. The line between INFJs and INFPs is, in practice, often very fine. It's usually fairly easy to figure out if you're an E or I, though.

Read about the functions. (;

Sounds like you're INFJ, and if not, you are not far off. In my opinion It's more important who you are though, rather than what you are.

Hello :) I would like to add my answer for your dilema/question whether your are INFJ or not. Maybe you are and you are not in the same time. Our personalities need to grow to get the pure "shape", to be crystalized and clear. Until then you can modify yourself and experience also other personality characteristics. It depends on you if you prefer to support your true personality (also if you CAN support it considering your previous experiences) or deny it. More one denies it, later his/her personality can grow. This is one of my answer. My second answer is - every test and results are done like "average" of the conclusions the scientists got. It doesn´t have to match you 100 %. Anyway everyone of us is individual and there is still something "in the middle". :) I hope I could help you a little with my opinion. Have a nice day! :)

[MENTION=6801]ThisIsWhoIAm[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6826]VeraGiulia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4717]subwayrider[/MENTION]
you've helped alot =) ,
Thank_you.gif

Which descriptions are you going off of? There is a lot of information out there that is extended and extrapolated from type theory. For a really good description of how the functions operate in an INFJ, I recommend Lenore Thomson's Personality Type: An Owner's Manual. I found the INFJ excerpt from the book on another forum. Follow this link.

Wow, thanks SpiralHacker! that description of INFJs by Lenore Thompson may be the most accurate one I've ever read!:) I occasionally wonder whether I am an INFP or not, because I really identify with introverted sensing as well as extroverted sensing.