Can you change your baseline level of happiness? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Can you change your baseline level of happiness?

It's simple, you put on some Coldplay and stare forlornly into the distance. Maybe one lone tear drops from your eye just as a ray of sunlight hits your face.

[video=youtube;RB-RcX5DS5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-RcX5DS5A[/video]

Now you’ve done it...the wrists are slit. (jkjkjk)
Please put on some Bowie now as I slip into oblivion...

No…this is something that I openly struggle with…it’s not self-doubt, but I guess it’s more self-worth and what I have based that upon for most of my life - which was my accompaniments and career. I did so well at them because they gave me the ability to help others and I can really find meaning in that.
This last year and a half has been my mid-life crisis (hopefully it’s out of the way now) of slowly coming to terms with what makes me a valuable person regardless of my future contributions (as the past will always remain).
So now the search for meaning can be a struggle sometimes…but hey, what’s the fucking meaning of life anyhow? No one knows…but I know myself well enough that I will literally sink to the bottom of the fish tank if I don’t occupy my time with activities that I deem “worthwhile”, which is a struggle too when you have limitations or even at my best - all my plans are tentative and totally dependent on how I feel physically that day.
I know there is a happy medium somewhere…someone suggested I go to a NA meeting since I have expressed interest in counseling addicts…I may do that, I think that would help that part of me that feels the need to be altruistic.
Perhaps this phase of life will be about learning to accept the altruistic love and assistance of others, and in that discovering that you are worthy of receiving assistance and love. Worthiness is most distinguished from deservingness when it comes to love. Love is neither something which is owed, nor payed; love is a gift. Dead, inanimate objects are not worthy of love, as they can neither receive it, nor give it; but that which can receive is always worth it.

Of course, love is exchanged and expressed in many ways; the most immediately relevant form is with the willingness of people to share each others' burdens. As much as your medical assistance was welcome in the past, your pain and anguish is welcome in the here and now among your friends.

If you go to help at the groups mentioned, it might be transformative to your sense of self to let the group also help you.

Just curious what people think or what their own experiences are.
I have had a depressed baseline for as long as I have memories.

That is a tough nut to crack. The loss of your job due to illness is causing problems for you. I think that the bigger problem is what you mentioned before regarding your childhood. There is something in your subconscious that is not OK. You have a negative self-worth. If you change your subconscious thoughts, then that should do something for your healing.

What you are doing here in this thread is asking people for help. There is something wrong with you and you want people to help you identify the problem and find a solution for it. Or if you cannot find the problem, then find a solution that will solve the problem, in which case the problem remains identified.

This is the core of materialism, the mechanistic worldview. This is also how modern medicine and psychology work. The problem is - as I understand it - that you are treating the symptom, not the problem.

I was thinking that you can use the Law of Attraction (LoA) to attract positive thoughts. After a while, these positive thoughts will define your subconscious. This is where manifestation comes in. Attract thoughts of a frequency that you desire. If you want happiness (high frequency), then get that.

I am trying to say that instead of looking for help externally, look for help internally. Be in charge of your own destiny. I do not mean that the act of asking for help is wrong. It is just that you seem to be running around in a circle, where you keep asking for help.

[video=youtube;FDmSH1qTQfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmSH1qTQfE[/video]

Regarding this video that I posted before, there are four steps to make manifestation work.

1. Desire - Think of something that you want
2. Intention - Say that you want it to happen / visualize it
3. Acceptance - Accept that it will happen
4. Surrender - Let the process run its course

Use this to create your very own internal world. Manifest a day full of sunshine, a world full of happy kittens, clouds that have the shape of donkeys, flowers that smell of French cheese, dogs that walk on stilts, etc. Use your imagination to the fullest extent possible. Just MAX OUT. Try to make your depression go away pain if you want that.

I just have a couple of thoughts regarding LoA.

* In the video, the guy says "acceptance and surrender are what humans find the most difficult" [1:00]. Concentrate on those in particular.

* If you want something that is too big, too valuable, or contains too much ego, it will not manifest.

* LoA can be used to manifest both material and immaterial things. Immaterial things are easy to manifest and are instantaneous. Material things take longer. Small material, personal things are innocent and cause no problem. But if you desire a big, fancy car, then you run the risk of IT OWNING YOU RATHER THAN YOU OWNING IT. (Do not commit that mistake!!! :smile: )

* Also try to get rid of negative thoughts if you have any. That is what I meant by the Desires for (1) Instant Gratification, (2) Control and (3) The Next-Thing, found here https://www.wingmakers.com/6-heart-virtues/. (Your web browser may warn of an old encryption standard. Click OK somewhere to get around that.)

* If you get stuck somewhere, use your own imagination to apply manifestation. The Universe hates repeating itself. It wants variety.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I forgot to mention this:

3rd dimension: Spirit -> Thought -> Emotion -> Effort -> Manifestation
4th dimension: Spirit -> Thought -> Emotion -> Manifestation
5th dimension: Spirit -> Thought -> Manifestation
6th dimension: Spirit -> Manifestation
7th dimension: Spirit = Manifestation

http://in5d.com/beyond-the-3rd-dimension/

You need thought + emotion + effort (intention) to make manifestation work.

[video=youtube;qAYeunaze1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAYeunaze1g[/video]

*Picks you up and hugs you…then promptly puts you down as you scowl*
So glad to see you back!

I found this one weird song and you are the only person I could think of who would appreciate it ahahaha.

[video=youtube;MQvO1ytYM7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MQvO1ytYM7w[/video]​

Perhaps this phase of life will be about learning to accept the altruistic love and assistance of others, and in that discovering that you are worthy of receiving assistance and love. Worthiness is most distinguished from deservingness when it comes to love. Love is neither something which is owed, nor payed; love is a gift. Dead, inanimate objects are not worthy of love, as they can neither receive it, nor give it; but that which can receive is always worth it.

Of course, love is exchanged and expressed in many ways; the most immediately relevant form is with the willingness of people to share each others' burdens. As much as your medical assistance was welcome in the past, your pain and anguish is welcome in the here and now among your friends.

If you go to help at the groups mentioned, it might be transformative to your sense of self to let the group also help you.

Thanks for you help…and I am loved by people and I don’t take that for granted…I appreciate your response and feel you are correct about the majority.
I’ll have to find some kind of group I guess where I can offer that empathy and medical knowledge in some form.

That is a tough nut to crack. The loss of your job due to illness is causing problems for you. I think that the bigger problem is what you mentioned before regarding your childhood. There is something in your subconscious that is not OK. You have a negative self-worth. If you change your subconscious thoughts, then that should do something for your healing.

What you are doing here in this thread is asking people for help. There is something wrong with you and you want people to help you identify the problem and find a solution for it. Or if you cannot find the problem, then find a solution that will solve the problem, in which case the problem remains identified.

This is the core of materialism, the mechanistic worldview. This is also how modern medicine and psychology work. The problem is - as I understand it - that you are treating the symptom, not the problem.

I was thinking that you can use the Law of Attraction (LoA) to attract positive thoughts. After a while, these positive thoughts will define your subconscious. This is where manifestation comes in. Attract thoughts of a frequency that you desire. If you want happiness (high frequency), then get that.

I am trying to say that instead of looking for help externally, look for help internally. Be in charge of your own destiny. I do not mean that the act of asking for help is wrong. It is just that you seem to be running around in a circle, where you keep asking for help.

[video=youtube;FDmSH1qTQfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmSH1qTQfE[/video]

Regarding this video that I posted before, there are four steps to make manifestation work.

1. Desire - Think of something that you want
2. Intention - Say that you want it to happen / visualize it
3. Acceptance - Accept that it will happen
4. Surrender - Let the process run its course

Use this to create your very own internal world. Manifest a day full of sunshine, a world full of happy kittens, clouds that have the shape of donkeys, flowers that smell of French cheese, dogs that walk on stilts, etc. Use your imagination to the fullest extent possible. Just MAX OUT. Try to make your depression go away pain if you want that.

I just have a couple of thoughts regarding LoA.

* In the video, the guy says "acceptance and surrender are what humans find the most difficult" [1:00]. Concentrate on those in particular.

* If you want something that is too big, too valuable, or contains too much ego, it will not manifest.

* LoA can be used to manifest both material and immaterial things. Immaterial things are easy to manifest and are instantaneous. Material things take longer. Small material, personal things are innocent and cause no problem. But if you desire a big, fancy car, then you run the risk of IT OWNING YOU RATHER THAN YOU OWNING IT. (Do not commit that mistake!!! :smile: )

* Also try to get rid of negative thoughts if you have any. That is what I meant by the Desires for (1) Instant Gratification, (2) Control and (3) The Next-Thing, found here https://www.wingmakers.com/6-heart-virtues/. (Your web browser may warn of an old encryption standard. Click OK somewhere to get around that.)

* If you get stuck somewhere, use your own imagination to apply manifestation. The Universe hates repeating itself. It wants variety.

I forgot to mention this:

3rd dimension: Spirit -> Thought -> Emotion -> Effort -> Manifestation
4th dimension: Spirit -> Thought -> Emotion -> Manifestation
5th dimension: Spirit -> Thought -> Manifestation
6th dimension: Spirit -> Manifestation
7th dimension: Spirit = Manifestation

http://in5d.com/beyond-the-3rd-dimension/

You need thought + emotion + effort (intention) to make manifestation work.

Thank you!!
You are correct…we do manifest our thoughts…and I think I am particularly good at manifesting things…good or bad.
I do ask for help here from time to time, because I feel no shame in asking someone for help when I feel it’s needed.
And there are people on this forum now who are going through similar things if not worse and still offer words of kindness and grace and love and knowledge.
I will take all that you have written into consideration….like I’ve said, it’s hard to see other perspectives as you are more depressed.
Some days are okay, and some not.
But I am trying every possible thing - including accepting it to an extent - and trying it.
Thanks again my friend.

It is a combination of both and/or all possible ways of looking for help…asking for help on the forum is mostly a advice/people’s own stories and what has worked for them.
It is ideas from some very smart people.
In my real life I can tell you that I rarely ask people for anything, much less help.
That is something that I am changing for the better too…it’s all an evolution of my psyche and spirit…and sometimes that is painful…I know this very well.
I’m not trying to avoid the pain.
No.
A man will endure any pain and suffering if he has a purpose and meaning.
That is where my search is currently I suppose.

Thank you!!
You are correct…we do manifest our thoughts…and I think I am particularly good at manifesting things…good or bad.
I do ask for help here from time to time, because I feel no shame in asking someone for help when I feel it’s needed.
And there are people on this forum now who are going through similar things if not worse and still offer words of kindness and grace and love and knowledge.
I will take all that you have written into consideration….like I’ve said, it’s hard to see other perspectives as you are more depressed.
Some days are okay, and some not.
But I am trying every possible thing - including accepting it to an extent - and trying it.
Thanks again my friend.

It is a combination of both and/or all possible ways of looking for help…asking for help on the forum is mostly a advice/people’s own stories and what has worked for them.
It is ideas from some very smart people.
In my real life I can tell you that I rarely ask people for anything, much less help.
That is something that I am changing for the better too…it’s all an evolution of my psyche and spirit…and sometimes that is painful…I know this very well.
I’m not trying to avoid the pain.
No.
A man will endure any pain and suffering if he has a purpose and meaning.
That is where my search is currently I suppose.

I am not suggesting that you are hiding your pain on purpose. :m092: But my thought "running around in a circle" :m043: needs elaboration. :m075:

We Fe auxiliaries and inferiors have an urge to help other people, and sometimes we forget about ourselves. When we - our conscious - make decisions, then a bunch of decisions are also made by our subconscious, of which we are not aware.

You are involved in things where the purpose is to help people: being a surgeon, helping addicts. That is adorable.

Extrinsic emotions arise from people that you know or events that happen to you, for example having a partner or doing gardening. Intrinsic emotions arise from the inside. They are independent of things happening on the outside.

I suppose that your choices reflect extrinsic emotions. That you are still depressed means that you lack intrinsic happiness. Those emotions arise from the subconscious. Experiencing extrinsic unhappiness means that you rebound after a while due to intrinsic happiness that is stronger.

There are various ways of treating depression. But do those ways treat the symptoms or the cause? If they treat the symptoms only, then that follows the worldview of mechanistic physics (Newtonian physics). The alternative is quantum physics. Let us distinguish the two with a couple of examples.

going to a psychiatrist -> getting a diagnosis -> getting pills prescribed -> treating the symptoms
playing sports -> treating the symptoms
doing gardening -> treating the symptoms

vs.

asking yourself what you want or need, being introspective -> getting to the root of the problem -> treating the cause

Some things such as getting a pet, doing reiki or meditation ought to belong to both groups. You might find out what it is that you want or need and thus be healed, but you might just as well not unlock your subconscious completely.

The ideal is to become a Buddhist monk and achieve the state of Nirvana. Then, you have purged all extrinsic factors that affect emotions and there is only intrinsic happiness. But the Buddha was cheating. Modern people have lots of responsibilities from which we cannot escape. That makes it a bit tougher. :eyebrows:

Before finishing, let me suggest the following things for manifestation:

* With manifestation, you can do two things: imagine yourself (1) doing something (2) feeling something.

Doing something means climbing K2 for example. You enjoy climbing. What does it feel like reaching the peak? :m029: What does it the wind blowing in your face feel like? What are the colors of the sky?

Regarding feeling, imagine yourself being full of joy for example.

* If you do not know what you are looking for, let the answer come to you instead of searching for it. Manifest that you will find the answer. Ask the Universe for help and guidance.

* If everything fails, go for the nuclear option. Albert Woodfox, one of the Angola Three, was just released from prison after 43 years in solitary confinement. If you were him and had to leave everyone behind, what could you do manifest positive emotions? You have no extrinsic happiness to rely on, e.g. your cat. :m167: Intrinsic happiness is the only option.

I am exhausting myself. Psychology is not my thing really. But it is worth the effort. :smile:

So what I have been working on is to reach that state - using a mish-mash of stuff that I have been reading. I think that I am succeeding. Switching to vegan food and doing meditation helped a great deal. But there seemed to be something missing. There was some negativity that I could not reach and that no external factors could affect. The only plausible factor was an internal one. My writing here is part of my own rehabilitation. :)

There are many ways to reach the same goal. I hope that you will find your own. I wish you all the best for the future, [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]. :hug:

Happiness is not something you increase. It is what you have left when you diminish something else, such as desire.

Even the desire to be happy can paradoxically get in the way of being happy. Since happiness is a potential rather than an attainment, you can't achieve it by any special means. Not even the best meditation will do it for you if you are not primed with what the nature of happiness is.

I know it seems like I'm not one to talk, but I know what I'm saying. I just don't always practice it because some times I let desires win.

How does one grieve for oneself?
Do I just sit in front of the mirror until the tears well up? hahaha
JK
Honestly though…I haven’t the slightest inkling of what exactly I am grieving and how to do that in a productive way.

Grieving has stages; denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. If your former life as you knew it is dying or has died, then you're probably familiar with all or some of those stages. Grieving takes time and the more you have had invested in whatever you're grieving I would imagine the more time it takes to grieve over it.

Greiving productively is to just allow yourself to go through it. Grieving can take years and then it can take years to rebuild after the devastation of whatever a person is grieving. Grieving the death of a way of life involves a massive shift in self perception and lifestyle - no small feat for anyone. An important thing to remember is to be nice to yourself through the process because it isn't an easy thing to go through. Rushing or beating yourself up over it is counterproductive. Everyone grieves differently.

I am not suggesting that you are hiding your pain on purpose. :m092: But my thought "running around in a circle" :m043: needs elaboration. :m075:

We Fe auxiliaries and inferiors have an urge to help other people, and sometimes we forget about ourselves. When we - our conscious - make decisions, then a bunch of decisions are also made by our subconscious, of which we are not aware.

You are involved in things where the purpose is to help people: being a surgeon, helping addicts. That is adorable.

Extrinsic emotions arise from people that you know or events that happen to you, for example having a partner or doing gardening. Intrinsic emotions arise from the inside. They are independent of things happening on the outside.

I suppose that your choices reflect extrinsic emotions. That you are still depressed means that you lack intrinsic happiness. Those emotions arise from the subconscious. Experiencing extrinsic unhappiness means that you rebound after a while due to intrinsic happiness that is stronger.

There are various ways of treating depression. But do those ways treat the symptoms or the cause? If they treat the symptoms only, then that follows the worldview of mechanistic physics (Newtonian physics). The alternative is quantum physics. Let us distinguish the two with a couple of examples.

going to a psychiatrist -> getting a diagnosis -> getting pills prescribed -> treating the symptoms
playing sports -> treating the symptoms
doing gardening -> treating the symptoms

vs.

asking yourself what you want or need, being introspective -> getting to the root of the problem -> treating the cause

Some things such as getting a pet, doing reiki or meditation ought to belong to both groups. You might find out what it is that you want or need and thus be healed, but you might just as well not unlock your subconscious completely.

The ideal is to become a Buddhist monk and achieve the state of Nirvana. Then, you have purged all extrinsic factors that affect emotions and there is only intrinsic happiness. But the Buddha was cheating. Modern people have lots of responsibilities from which we cannot escape. That makes it a bit tougher. :eyebrows:

Before finishing, let me suggest the following things for manifestation:

* With manifestation, you can do two things: imagine yourself (1) doing something (2) feeling something.

Doing something means climbing K2 for example. You enjoy climbing. What does it feel like reaching the peak? :m029: What does it the wind blowing in your face feel like? What are the colors of the sky?

Regarding feeling, imagine yourself being full of joy for example.

* If you do not know what you are looking for, let the answer come to you instead of searching for it. Manifest that you will find the answer. Ask the Universe for help and guidance.

* If everything fails, go for the nuclear option. Albert Woodfox, one of the Angola Three, was just released from prison after 43 years in solitary confinement. If you were him and had to leave everyone behind, what could you do manifest positive emotions? You have no extrinsic happiness to rely on, e.g. your cat. :m167: Intrinsic happiness is the only option.

I am exhausting myself. Psychology is not my thing really. But it is worth the effort. :smile:

So what I have been working on is to reach that state - using a mish-mash of stuff that I have been reading. I think that I am succeeding. Switching to vegan food and doing meditation helped a great deal. But there seemed to be something missing. There was some negativity that I could not reach and that no external factors could affect. The only plausible factor was an internal one. My writing here is part of my own rehabilitation. :)

There are many ways to reach the same goal. I hope that you will find your own. I wish you all the best for the future, @Skarekrow. :hug:

Thank you as always for your kind and wise words.
My goal is to try and get to the goal, no trust treat the symptoms…and for the most part I can ignore the symptoms should I so choose.
I just happen to think that it’s a worthy goal to figure out the why of why I’ve always felt like this - being introspective and meditation are daily active parts of my day btw.
I could cover the symptoms up…it is quite easy to obtain whatever medications I should choose.
That’s not my goal either.
My goal is to truly improve the general outlook of my perspective and life…not eliminate the pain, not deny that I’m depressed but to rise above both of those things somehow.
It’s the somehow I’m working on currently…I have already had some deeply spiritual experiences in my life…I believe I have caught glimpses of things that most don’t ever have the pleasure and the rarity to see of feel.
You are an awesome sounding board my friend…thank you again.

Happiness is not something you increase. It is what you have left when you diminish something else, such as desire.

Even the desire to be happy can paradoxically get in the way of being happy. Since happiness is a potential rather than an attainment, you can't achieve it by any special means. Not even the best meditation will do it for you if you are not primed with what the nature of happiness is.

I know it seems like I'm not one to talk, but I know what I'm saying. I just don't always practice it because some times I let desires win.
I know you know what you are saying….and let me just say I’m glad that you are back here in the forums, I missed you.
Yeah…I don’t really feel like I have an unnatural desire to be happy…and I understand all the crap about comparing your life to someone else’s and how that’s a superficial falsehood - they have just as many problems. We all have problems and unfulfilled desires, things that depress us.
So I have surrounded myself with as many of the things that put me in a positive state….I live in a cozy yet quirky house (I would love to show you all my collection of bizarre items), surrounded mostly by the forest which I love, I live with someone I love, I get to see my Son frequently whom I love.
It really is the interruption of the physical nature of my current state…the arthritis, the issue now with it being painful to eat because of it spread to my jaw - the stress of an upcoming surgery and the unknowns associated.
I’m really trying to put my life back into the order it once was…the shelf they sit on keeps getting bumped…so I either watch them as not worth the effort to stand back up or feel like Sisyphus to watch them fall over again.
Right now…I have just let them be…most things in our lives are completely unnecessary and self-masturbatory.
Thank you for your kind and wise words…you are correct as always.
Missed you girl!

Grieving has stages; denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. If your former life as you knew it is dying or has died, then you're probably familiar with all or some of those stages. Grieving takes time and the more you have had invested in whatever you're grieving I would imagine the more time it takes to grieve over it.

Greiving productively is to just allow yourself to go through it. Grieving can take years and then it can take years to rebuild after the devastation of whatever a person is grieving. Grieving the death of a way of life involves a massive shift in self perception and lifestyle - no small feat for anyone. An important thing to remember is to be nice to yourself through the process because it isn't an easy thing to go through. Rushing or beating yourself up over it is counterproductive. Everyone grieves differently.

I feel like I have been grieving for almost a year now…
You are right though…just as [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] alluded to…perhaps I have been trying to force it past it natural progression and let it be whatever it ends up being.
You are also right that I should be nicer to myself…I am, have always been, and probably will be - my own worst critic.
Thank you as always for your kind and thoughtful words.

I would just like to point out there there is a definitive connection between chronic pain conditions and stress/anxiety/depression.
It was explained to me best as your body always being in a high idle…the body is receiving the pain signals, even if they are not acute and are chronic your body still releases those same neurochemicals as if you are hurt. Studies with fMRI machines shows no difference in how the brain perceives real pain vs emotional/spiritual pain either.
Anyhow…in a chronic situation those chemicals are constantly being released..adrenaline, endorphins, hundreds of various other chemicals.
Over time…they start to wear on the body and the part of the mind that is receiving this constant message that there is something wrong…the chemical producers wear out…the signal can intensify because some of those chemical blocking agents are no longer producing as much as they were, etc.
There is a very real and vicious cycle that I fight and many other people fight…it isn’t just something in our mind, or something you can rationalize anymore than you can adjust the rhythm of your heart by rationalizing it.
Just wanted to throw that in the mix.

There are a lot of people with pain that isn’t visible…it very easy for anyone, including myself, to take that for grated in another person.
I work really hard sometimes to look normal…to look like I am not in pain and that I didn’t stay up all night because of it.
I am a flake because necessity says I am.
I will cancel on plans if we make them at some point in time.
Nature of the beast.

I would just like to point out there there is a definitive connection between chronic pain conditions and stress/anxiety/depression.
It was explained to me best as your body always being in a high idle…the body is receiving the pain signals, even if they are not acute and are chronic your body still releases those same neurochemicals as if you are hurt. Studies with fMRI machines shows no difference in how the brain perceives real pain vs emotional/spiritual pain either.
Anyhow…in a chronic situation those chemicals are constantly being released..adrenaline, endorphins, hundreds of various other chemicals.
Over time…they start to wear on the body and the part of the mind that is receiving this constant message that there is something wrong…the chemical producers wear out…the signal can intensify because some of those chemical blocking agents are no longer producing as much as they were, etc.
There is a very real and vicious cycle that I fight and many other people fight…it isn’t just something in our mind, or something you can rationalize anymore than you can adjust the rhythm of your heart by rationalizing it.
Just wanted to throw that in the mix.

There are a lot of people with pain that isn’t visible…it very easy for anyone, including myself, to take that for grated in another person.
I work really hard sometimes to look normal…to look like I am not in pain and that I didn’t stay up all night because of it.
I am a flake because necessity says I am.
I will cancel on plans if we make them at some point in time.
Nature of the beast.

[video=youtube;ocxmTXHGDUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocxmTXHGDUo[/video]

It looks so easy to treat pain on TV as though it were only imagination.

[video=youtube;ocxmTXHGDUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocxmTXHGDUo[/video]

It looks so easy to treat pain on TV as though it were only imagination.

I would be down to try hypnotism.
I just don’t buy into the adverts for the places they have on TV.
Need to find a REAL practitioner!

Now you are getting to the real crux of it, which is the pain. Living with constant pain alters people's minds. I think you should make it a primary goal to reduce your pain. Kick pain's ass. Observe and appreciate the moments when you do not have pain. Tip that scale as much as possible.

The mean time is the worst though, when you don't know where that pain is heading (in a worse direction) and you don't even know what it will take to kick that new level of pain's ass. But you can. You will dammit.

Now you are getting to the real crux of it, which is the pain. Living with constant pain alters people's minds. I think you should make it a primary goal to reduce your pain. Kick pain's ass. Observe and appreciate the moments when you do not have pain. Tip that scale as much as possible.

The mean time is the worst though, when you don't know where that pain is heading (in a worse direction) and you don't even know what it will take to kick that new level of pain's ass. But you can. You will dammit.

It’s a work in progress…it’s a daily fight sometimes and then sometimes I have good days too…and I don’t discount those.
It will not beat me…I can take the physical pain…but if for sure wears on you at times….and sometimes in ways we don’t necessarily consciously recognize.
Thanks.