Can men subconsciously feel that a woman as had sex recently? | INFJ Forum

Can men subconsciously feel that a woman as had sex recently?

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I ask because I notice I get more attention from other men after I've had sex. The only way I can explain it is that there must be pheromones being emitted that other men can smell. I also seem to get more male attention when I have my monthly cycle.
Either that or I am nuts!

What do you think?

I ask because I notice I get more attention from other men after I've had sex. The only way I can explain it is that there must be pheromones being emitted that other men can smell. I also seem to get more male attention when I have my monthly cycle.

What do you think?

Both sound perfectly logical in biological/evolutionary sense.
Having sex -> Being healthier, feeling healthier and feeling happier
Being healthy/happy -> Attractive

I'm no expert on the female cycles, but I heard there's a timeframe where conception is most likely and that during that time women think more about sex and are perceived as more attractive by men.

What TooShyToSay said about your own thoughts also makes sense. I think it's not necessarily the conscious thoughts that do the most. It just sticks in your head somewhere and that changes you. Whether that's through conscious thoughts or hormones and whether it leads to changed behaviour or pheromones I don't know. But I guess all combinations are plausible.

Men will perceive you as more attractive because of changed behaviour or pheromones. Often they are not conscious of this. But if they're conscious of it ('huh, wow she's suddenly a lot more attractive'), they most likely won't conclude that she must've had sex. I think that would be a wrong conclusion anyway, because girls can be more attractive for multiple reasons.

What do you think?

Studies have shown that women tend to wear brighter colored clothing when they are ovulating. They also have a tendency to seek out sex more at that time. So it could just be that at the time of the month when you're at your sexual peak your subconciously doing things that are more likely to attract men's attention.

Reactions: Sandie33

What do you think?
I'm not sure, but one very odd thing I've noticed....after i have had a good cry, men everywhere seem to smile at me and notice me. Its happened SO CONSISTENTLY, that I have wondered if something biological happened. Is it that i appear at peace? vulnerable yet happy? is it pheromones? anyone else noticed this?

I believe it's highly unlikely. However if it were true and on a subconscious level, how would anyone ever know?

I doubt it, most people can't tell the skin of their ass from their nose.
One positive about ENTJ's is they don't mince words. lol

I suppose if you see a man and a woman exiting a room it's possible to assume they've had sex by the mischievous look on their faces. :smilingimp::tonguewink:

What do you think?
Sounds logical, sex also makes us happy and the happier you are or look the more likely men will look at you or try to get at you. Alot of men find women intimidating when they are serious or not smiling. Plus alot of us have a bit of resting bitch face without realizing it. Cuz we are thinking or tired or pissed or just plain bored or lost in our own heads.

But I have noticed when I'm ovulating I get more attention from men and I'm super horny and more likely to subconsciously flirt.

People tend to feel more confident and at ease after that. Happy even. Like a sense of accomplishment.

That’s attractive to me.

The only thing is if you’re feeling guilty about it and acting strange. Or if your mind is occupied. That will come off as distant, so no.

Depends which one it is

Reactions: Gaze
Possibly, but I think it would also have to do with the way you look and speak. Such as guys may feel an sexual/physical attraction towards you in the way they see you. For example, the way you dress could appeal to one guy, but not so much as the next. Then there's the way you speak in which your tone of your voice can resonate as sensual or sound likable, again, to a certain type of guy, or the next, and even towards a group of guys.

Reactions: Wyote