Can Animals Commit Crimes? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can Animals Commit Crimes?

The guilty dogs thing is bs, apparently

Yup. That sweet "guilty" expression is fear. It makes you second guess how you behave with animals, doesn't it?

Since I am not an animal and don't know whether or not animals have ethics and morals, I cannot say whether they can be criminals.
In the human sense of the concept, no they cannot. Humans rules do not apply. One could even say charging an animal with a human crime, which they don't understand as a crime, is unethical.

Animals do terrible things, yes, but that is in the name of survival. For example, killing off an opponent's offspring is normal for many types of animals. Stealing is acceptable, too. Killing prey is a survival skill. Killing mating opponents is normal. Killing threats is normal. Nipping, biting, kicking, pinning, etc, are ways to teach each other, give warnings, establish dominance, etc.

Domestic animals, as well as wild animals that have experiences with humans, understand that if they commit certain acts that are natural for them that humans will react in scary ways. They don't understand the crime, they understand that humans can be mean and cause pain or death under certain circumstances.

Charging animals with crime (such as all the stories in the OP video) makes people seem stupid and insane. People were messed up in general during the time period of the examples, though.

I disagree with Descartes that animals are automatons. One could say this idea is the root of rampant animal abuse. If animals are automatons, humans are not committing crimes when they abuse and kill them.
How is "humans hurting animals" a crime if "animals hurting animals" (or "animals hurting humans") is not? We have the ethics, morals, laws, and standards stating that abuse and killing are wrong. We understand how hurting and killing are not necessary for survival and wellness, and we understand better ways to teach and interact.

Last edited:
I say yes.
It's a moral crime.

Has anyone heard of the serial killer lions?
Lions that killed for sport?
images

They must have been either mentally ill or more aware than we give them credit for.

I think some animals know better and choose to be assholes. I mean, there is a natural sense of wrong and right in animal code, I think.

Not all, but some.

I say yes.
It's a moral crime.

Has anyone heard of the serial killer lions?
Lions that killed for sport?
images

They must have been either mentally ill or more aware than we give them credit for.

I think some animals know better and choose to be assholes. I mean, there is a natural sense of wrong and right in animal code, I think.

Not all, but some.
Ah, the story of the murderous lions. We've all heard the human side. The cats' side is very different.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/07/lions-hunt-porcupines-human-impact/

Last edited:
Wow!
Thank you for sharing that, @MoonFlier .
I actually didn't know of these lions until about two years ago. But they never leave my mind.

I appreciate your knowledge! ❤️
Aw, thank you. Big cats and their plight both in their natural environment as well as the backyards of the US is a passion of mine. I love to share info when I can. I was unaware of the connected impact of droughts to illness to cats hunting humans until this article too. It makes sense - everything in the environment is so interwoven that when one thread is pulled another on the other side gives way.

Yeah they can. One night I was coming home from school. I took the back way from Fresno, stopping at Lake Hensley so I can shit shower and shave on Uncle Sams Dollar.

My plan that night was stop at hensley, grab a few beers and sleep in my SUV outside my moms pasture.

As I'm coming through a bend on her 30 mile long dirt road, I'm on beer #1 blasting country music when I'm stopped in the middle of her road

2 fucking cows banging in the middle of the road. Honked the horn and nothing. Flicked my brights...

The heffer on bottom ran, nearly taking the bulls dick with it

Yeah. Impeding the flow of traffic is what I call that

Raccoons(bandits) stole all our food camping one night. We went to town, came back at night and they were running everywhere. Food for ten guys enough for 3 nights was eaten while we were playing. They most likely thought "rookies".

Dogs steal newspapers and shoes.

I don't think badly about it. We live and learn. Raccoons are cool, and there are two dogs within six feet of my feet as I type this.

Raccoons are cool as fuck! So are possums
Raccoons(bandits) stole all our food camping one night. We went to town, came back at night and they were running everywhere. Food for ten guys enough for 3 nights was eaten while we were playing. They most likely thought "rookies".

Dogs steal newspapers and shoes.

I don't think badly about it. We live and learn. Raccoons are cool, and there are two dogs within six feet of my feet as I type this.

Ooh, I just got a great idea for a show. Animal Cops.
When Fido the dog and Lei Lei the Panda get into a drunken brawl on the streets, the Animal Cops show up to put a stop to it.

"Bad boy, bad boy, on a lawn you took a poo, lethal injection is how we punish you."
A bit wordy, but I like it.

Lmao

You're on fire today, man. :laughing:

It's Friday and a 3 day weekend, so I'm a bit giddy.
Yay for the soul crushing capitalism machine which allows me one more day off than usual. :mblow: