Can Animals Commit Crimes? | INFJ Forum

Can Animals Commit Crimes?

I learned when I was about eight years old that they definitely can. This asshole deer stole my cereal while I was camping.

The guilty dogs thing is bs, apparently :(

Dogsperts say they're just reacting to their owners acting mean.

That lady wasn't being mean. You could hear the laughter in her voice.

Anyway, dogsperts are bs. Dogs are like furry little people. They know.

They don't know shit

lmao. Spot the dog owner.

They don't know shit
Anyway, dogsperts are bs. Dogs are like furry little people. They know.
OK, yeah! Fuck them dogsperts!
giphy.gif

Can animals be assholes to each other? For sure. Can animals behave in ways that their own kind disapproves of and be socially punished for that among themselves? Hell yes. Can they commit crimes? Well, by definition a crime is an unlawful act, so in order to commit a crime, you require laws to not abide by. Given that animals have no official justice system, I'd have to say no.

Can animals be assholes to each other? For sure. Can animals behave in ways that their own kind disapproves of and be socially punished for that among themselves? Hell yes. Can they commit crimes? Well, by definition a crime is an unlawful act, so in order to commit a crime, you require laws to not abide by. Given that animals have no official justice system, I'd have to say no.
giphy.gif

IGNORANTIA IURIS NON EXCUSAT

What animals value is very different than what humans value. For them it's about food, shelter and social skills. Yes, they have rules and they will punish others accordingly. I wouldn't call them crimes though, more like social rule breaking.

My cats, back when they were kittens, would show jealousy of each other's toy and then steal/hide the toy. The one cat who was known for doing this the most still to this day will "steal" the sleeping spots the others use just to see if they are better. Only the 19 year old will punish him for it. I just caught the old one stalking the little spot stealer as he attempted to rest in an approved spot, not because he wanted it, but to tell him it was unacceptable.

Their sister is a fluff-for-brains beauty, but she understands what some English words mean. Her brother (twice her size) is a social eater and sees dining as time to say hello. He approached her as usual when she went to eat. Typically she hisses at him and he backs off with a sad pout. Today as he approached I told her "No hissing." .... She looked at me.... then at him. Then she put her paw around his back as he sat next to her and sucker punched him in the face with her other paw (no claws). In her mind he keeps breaking her rule of not approaching her while she eats and she will punish him as she sees fit. She loves him otherwise.

Last edited: