Bump stocks for guns | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Bump stocks for guns

All this shit starts at home. It's psychological. Why is the USA so full of psychological nuts? That's the question for me. I have my ideas why it's like this. I also know and understand why a kid would do this. Banning bump stocks makes people feel better. They can say that they did something without really doing anything. The doing something comes before banning. No one did anything to really help this kid. And he talked himself into a bad place. One that maybe someone could have gotten through to him.

I see that in England people are throwing acid on people's faces to rob them. Knife attacks are there also. People can be so evil. Humans have made a bomb that can blow everything and everyone up. I guess that's humans being human. I wonder what beings would look like being human. It comes down to the world that humans have produced. And force one another to live in and try to deal with. These are new times but really this type of thing has been around awhile. We just think it's new.
Elton John and Bernie had a song about this situation.

The way I see it, if gun rights people aren’t willing to limit themselves when it comes to the number and type of guns they own, as well as who can own them, they have no business owning guns or setting gun laws.

It was Alan Greenspan as the head of the Fed back in the ‘90s with his libertarian mindset who argued that the finance industry should regulate itself, and that the government shouldn’t, because it was in their own best interest and self-preservation to do so. Hahahaha. Then the credit crisis of ‘08 happened and everyone found out that no, that’s wishful thinking and kind of stupid.

I see the same thing happening here and I just feel sad about whatever tragedy will
take place that’s going to drive people to say enough we need gun control, because it will cost more lives than the number already lost.

Last edited:
The way I see it, if gun rights people aren’t willing to limit themselves when it comes to the number and type of guns they own, as well as who can own them, they have no business owning guns or setting gun laws.

It was Alan Greenspan as the head of the Fed back in the ‘90s with his libertarian mindset who argued that the finance industry should regulate itself, and that the government shouldn’t, because it was in their own best interest and self-preservation to do so. Hahahaha. Then the credit crisis of ‘08 happened and everyone found out that no, that’s wishful thinking and kind of stupid.

I see the same thing happening here and I just feel sad about whatever tragedy will
take place that’s going to drive people to say enough we need gun control, because it will cost more lives than the number already lost.
So people should limit how many cars, poperty, how much food or how much data they use. They should limit themselves right? Because other people have the right to tell you what they think is an acceptible number of anything you can have.

Don’t most shooters already expect to be executed, killed in the act or imprisoned for life? I don’t think that being held responsible is a credible deterrent to someone’s choice to attempt mass murder.

No, most shooters get aired on live TV, cameras follow them everywhere they make a public appearance, they get interviewed, get evaluated, get fed, get clothed, get free room and board, free attorney, get to watch the people fight over what to do,
prison is a joke in the USA to them after watching people get cut loose, libraries, books, love and hate mail, they may even start writing a book, and the mess keeps going and going. Kill them like the roaches they are.

Man walks into a tent in Saudi Arabia where a man is selling jewelry, diamonds,. gold, and it's all right on tables.(This happened to a friend in the eighties). Some wealthy guy walks in and is shown a diamond necklace. He says he will buy it if the man has three, one for each wife. Owner leaves the tent unattended and rushes out the door to ask his brother if he has two like it. Friend finds himself standing alone by the tables. He looks around and asks what is happening. He is told nobody wants to be even be accused of stealing, as they will cut your hand off the first time.

I hate capital punishment, but cannot listen to all the madness on TV and will not read it on the internet. Capital punishment for killing our children like this? Yes. Swiftly. No TV. No pictures. Tell the news we do not tolerate this here any longer.
"The assailant, name withheld, is no longer with us." End of story.

Two most motivating things in the world for self-preservation and protection? Love, and fear of death. It has to be done. Otherwise, it will keep happening. Maybe we should open a hospital where people can commit suicide peacefully and alone? Let them record a video if they want. Give them live TV time.
Get rid of the games where they shoot people, too. What is wrong with all this?

How many anti-gun people here own guns? Thought so. Lots of politicians vote against guns, yet pay bodyguards to carry their guns for them.

Last edited:

I will not limit myself. I will not be limited. I will not massacre innocent children. Anyone that says I have no right needs to read our laws. Again, and again. Shooters gonna shoot. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. People might need Jesus.

No, most shooters get aired on live TV, cameras follow them everywhere they make a public appearance, they get interviewed, get evaluated, get fed, get clothed, get free room and board, free attorney, get to watch the people fight over what to do, prison is a joke in the USA to them after watching people get cut loose, libraries, books, love and hate mail, they may even start writing a book, and the mess keeps going and going.
This is just an illustration of what life in prison might look like, which is something @Sloe Djinn mentioned that these shooters are willing to accept. And her point still remains. They are first and foremost willing to risk their own lives.

Kill them like the roaches they are.

Man walks into a tent in Saudi Arabia where a man is selling jewelry, diamonds,. gold, and it's all right on tables.(This happened to a friend in the eighties). Some wealthy guy walks in and is shown a diamond necklace. He says he will buy it if the man has three, one for each wife. Owner leaves the tent unattended and rushes out the door to ask his brother if he has two like it. Friend finds himself standing alone by the tables. He looks around and asks what is happening. He is told nobody wants to be even be accused of stealing, as they will cut your hand off the first time.
Are you seriously suggesting that we should become more like Saudi Arabia? And if so what would that look like from your perspective? What rights would you be willing to give up?

I hate capital punishment, but cannot listen to all the madness on TV and will not read it on the internet. Capital punishment for killing our children like this? Yes. Swiftly. No TV. No pictures. Tell the news we do not tolerate this here any longer. "The assailant, name withheld, is no longer with us." End of story.
It seems like you staunchly protect the shooter's Second Amendment rights but this part of your comment sounds like you might be willing to throw out some rights to due process, etc.? Can you clarify that for me? And are you giving real consideration to the fact that many, if not most, of these shooters are not afraid to die and that this is not the deterrent you think it will be?

Two most motivating things in the world for self-preservation and protection? Love, and fear of death. It has to be done. Otherwise, it will keep happening.
I think you're on to something here. How might their experience of love in this life impact their desire to live or die?

Maybe we should open a hospital where people can commit suicide peacefully and alone? Get rid of the games where they shoot people, too. What is wrong with all this?
I feel your frustration. I'm frustrated too.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I will not limit myself. I will not be limited. I will not massacre innocent children. Anyone that says I have no right needs to read our laws. Again, and again. Shooters gonna shoot. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. People might need Jesus.

Hence, you are part of the problem. Shooters aren’t going to shoot and kill so many if there is sensible gun control.

yeah, they'll find another way. Like stabbing or acid attacks.

Reactions: Wyote
Hence, you are part of the problem. Shooters aren’t going to shoot and kill so many if there is sensible gun control.
Of course you are wrong as usual.

Your question is kind of redundant, isn't it? I mean... you already know the answer.
So, no. not important at all

You're wasting my time. Do me a huge favor and stop pressing the reply button on my posts. It's really inconsiderate.

Listen. I'm too tired to deal with your bullshit right now. I think you're a decent guy, and don't want to block you. I know that doesn't mean much to you, obviously, but just quit your bullshit

I don't know how to really describe to people in the US how your culture about guns looks from the outside. I guess the best way I can do it is through giving a sense of the emotional response from out here, the people I'm surrounded with and the kinds of conversations we have about the absolute disaster you have going on over there, and your total inability to make the slightest progress in addressing it.

Over recent years as mass shootings have become more frequent, the general feeling about this from outside the US has gone from outrage, to ridicule. We're laughing at you. Any other response would be futile.

I did a big project on this issue for a postgrad class I took on data visualisation. I took a lot of "quality of life" statistics and broke them down by US state. No surprises... population quality of living aspects like proportion of people below poverty level, healthcare access, and access to higher education were related to quantity of violent firearm fatalities. But I don't see you guys really working to change those things at all. You want your guns, and you want your market dictated social institutions like privatised prisons and hereditarily wealth restricted education... You do nothing, nothing about this problem... You just pretend over and over again that what happened was so unexpected and such a tragedy when really, you knew what was coming all along, and took no action to prevent it. What else can I do but laugh at you? It would be too depressing otherwise.

Listen. I'm too tired to deal with your bullshit right now. I think you're a decent guy, and don't want to block you. I know that doesn't mean much to you, obviously, but just quit your bullshit

Thank you for that information. Your hostility and sarcasm towards me on this thread has been unnecessary and unconstructive. I will put you on ignore from now on to help me to honour your request to refrain from replying to your posts.

Reactions: acd
Thank you for that information. Your hostility and sarcasm towards me on this thread has been unnecessary and unconstructive. I will put you on ignore from now on to help me to honour your request to refrain from replying to your posts.
iu

I don't know how to really describe to people in the US how your culture about guns looks from the outside. I guess the best way I can do it is through giving a sense of the emotional response from out here, the people I'm surrounded with and the kinds of conversations we have about the absolute disaster you have going on over there, and your total inability to make the slightest progress in addressing it.

Over recent years as mass shootings have become more frequent, the general feeling about this from outside the US has gone from outrage, to ridicule. We're laughing at you. Any other response would be futile.

I did a big project on this issue for a postgrad class I took on data visualisation. I took a lot of "quality of life" statistics and broke them down by US state. No surprises... population quality of living aspects like proportion of people below poverty level, healthcare access, and access to higher education were related to quantity of violent firearm fatalities. But I don't see you guys really working to change those things at all. You want your guns, and you want your market dictated social institutions like privatised prisons and hereditarily wealth restricted education... You do nothing, nothing about this problem... You just pretend over and over again that what happened was so unexpected and such a tragedy when really, you knew what was coming all along, and took no action to prevent it. What else can I do but laugh at you? It would be too depressing otherwise.
Thank you for this @invisible. In my opinion, everything you've said is accurate. Know that many of us feel stuck in this nightmare.